Where did the band get their name?

i've only heard that it's an abbreviation for 'will comply' or that it's because they are from Will County

I recall seeing a small company named "Wilco" on Irving Park road (nw side of Chicago) and always hoped Jeff got the name from that.....

silly people do your homework. Wilco is now a chicago band but once upon a time when they started, they were a St. Louis band which has nothing to do with Irving Park or Will County

Guest Gym Teacher Man
silly people do your homework. Wilco is now a chicago band but once upon a time when they started, they were a St. Louis band which has nothing to do with Irving Park or Will County

i specifically stated that they are not from Will County in the same post you decided to partially quote, silly. the "since the latter is false" part...

i've only heard that it's an abbreviation for 'will comply' or that it's because they are from Will County. since the latter is false, i've always just assumed the former to be true.
The flipping through a dictionary for a name is a GD thing. Hadn't heard of UT doing it, as well....

I did that for a group I started in high school.

We were an a cappella group called The Acetones.