They ought to make a sitcom outta this stuff

The land of Lincoln...Adlai Stevenson...Everett Dirksen...and Rod freaking Blagljevich

SPRINGFIELD, Ill.

A guy from Texas laughing about another state's politics? :lol

Haven't had a governor go to jail in a while here bud.

Don't think the same can be said for Illinois.

Haven't had a governor go to jail in a while here bud.

Don't think the same can be said for Illinois.

No, but the Good Ol' Boy Network has that state in a stranglehold.

I get a lot of my Texas politics news here. Granted, she's biased, but she does cast a light into some disturbingly dark corners.

No, but the Good Ol' Boy Network has that state in a stranglehold.

I get a lot of my Texas politics news here. Granted, she's biased, but she does cast a light into some disturbingly dark corners.

Ya think...lol.

I don't generally pay attention to ideologues, demogogues or people with an axe to grind.

I grind my own.

Apparently Blago is using the same PR firm (in Florida I believe), as Drew Peterson (the guy who most likely killed two of his wives and just married another 20-something broad). This explains the publicity campaign as well as the departure of his lawyer.

How about we say every state, & the US government, most municipalities...etc.

I was talking more about how the Republican party is essentially nonexistent in that state. I thought we were discussing the influence of so called "machines"?

Apparently Blago is using the same PR firm (in Florida I believe), as Drew Peterson (the guy who most likely killed two of his wives and just married another 20-something broad). This explains the publicity campaign as well as the departure of his lawyer.

And we all know how well that has workked for Peterson's image.

I was talking more about how the Republican party is essentially nonexistent in that state. I thought we were discussing the influence of so called "machines"?

Illinois used to almost like two different states Chicago and the close in suburbs were and always have been democratic in my lifetime, while the rest of the state has essentially been republican except for a few area

The 3 previous governors were Republicans. The last one went to jail and a lot of people consider him indirectly responsible for the death all but one member of a large family. The previous one to that is considered to be a good guy. The previous one to that should probably also be in jail for being the hired auditor while Conrad Black was embezzling money from The Sun Times' parent company.

The 3 previous governors were Republicans. The last one went to jail and a lot of people consider him indirectly responsible for the death all but one member of a large family. The previous one to that is considered to be a good guy. The previous one to that should probably also be in jail for being the hired auditor while Conrad Black was embezzling money from The Sun Times' parent company.

Edgar is still loved by republicans in Illinois the way Reagan is loved by republicans nationwide. Where I live, very rural, Edgar is loved because he pretty much oposed Daily on everyything, especially gambling boats, (which seem to sit on every creek in illinois except the Chicago river), and on the third airport, which Daily wanted inside Chicago limits, while Edgar wanted it a scant 15 minutes from down town (though somehow it takes me a good hour to drive that distence on a low traffic day. Anyhow where I live they think Chicago sucks revenues out of the rest of the state, and when I lived in Chicago many people felt that down state was essentailly a welfare state living off chicago revenues. So it's a matter of persepective I guess. But They still talk to Edgar about runing again. He won't because his name came up during the Ryan troubles.