Didn't see this mentioned...she set up a donation web page...

http://news.aol.com/article/octuplets-mom-web-site/334503

:brow

Balls!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm okay with her site. If you donate, that's your choice. What I have a problem with is taxpayer money going to her and that this children are essentially abused from birth. What about the children?

I'm okay with her site. If you donate, that's your choice. What I have a problem with is taxpayer money going to her and that this children are essentially abused from birth. What about the children?

If we don't want taxpayer money going to this woman and her children, doesn't that mean we should curtail the welfare system in general and make it harder for people to obtain these welfare checks?

As soon as schools become a for profit venture, teacher salaries would probably rise.

Based on what facts? In fact schools where teachers don't have collective bargaining rights (private schools and charter schools), the salaries are much lower.

LouieB

Based on what facts? In fact schools where teachers don't have collective bargaining rights (private schools and charter schools), the salaries are much lower.

LouieB

True, but there is a trade-off with that, too. A lot of the negative issues that surround public schools (discipline, transient students, below-average reading levels, etc.) don't occur in private and most charter schools. Generally, charter schools need to abide by a good chunk of district and federal guidelines (state standardized testing being key) in order to receive state and federal funding.

I know plenty of people who advocate schools be profit-based but I'm not sold on that for many reasons. However, plenty of schools that run this way make headway in closing achievement gaps, standardized test results (NCLB -based), etc. There is a huge discrepancy for the majority of families/students who would be pushed aside, though.

If we don't want taxpayer money going to this woman and her children, doesn't that mean we should curtail the welfare system in general and make it harder for people to obtain these welfare checks?

Sure thing, but maybe not until Wall Street makes good on its 1.6 trillion dollar loan. When all that money (and more) is returned to us, I

Definitely. It doesn't make sense when someone receives disability checks and is unable to work but is somehow able to have 14 kids and needs hospital bills and i'm sure future expenses paid for by the state.

At the very least disability checks should not be able to be used for fertility treatments just like I think food stamps should not be used for candy. (Sidenote: I once saw a guy pay for his groceries with cash and then used food stamps to pay for the largest amount of Pepsi and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups I've seen in once place. Disgusting.)

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 20, 2009

Octuplet's Domicile Threatened By Foreclosure

The home of Angela Suleman, mother to Nadya Suleman and grandmother to her 14 children, went into default earlier this month. What do you think?

Pricilla Schaefer,

Systems Analyst

"It's okay. They can just live in her daughter's huge vagina."