Record Store Day 2009

Cool info. Thanks! Bob dylan 7" Sweet

Has anyone ever been on record store day in the previous year or so that this has occurred. How limited are supplies? Do I need to line up at opening to get the Wilco DVD or some of these goodies?

Has anyone ever been on record store day in the previous year or so that this has occurred. How limited are supplies? Do I need to line up at opening to get the Wilco DVD or some of these goodies?

Sure...but it seems like this is a pretty open question. Where do you live? How big a store or town do you live in? Is your record store connected to this event? Do you know the clerks and couldn't you ask them these questions?

LouieB

I was downtown today and saw that the better of our two independent record stores is going out of business :ohwell

same here. we just lost a long time fav. record shop a while back and the other downtown shop is struggling.

Sure...but it seems like this is a pretty open question. Where do you live? How big a store or town do you live in? Is your record store connected to this event? Do you know the clerks and couldn't you ask them these questions?

LouieB

:dontgetit ok? I live in a college town with one independent record store that is participating with record store day and I am on a freaking first name basis with the clerks who have informed me that the store is about 400 square feet with central air..........................what has got to you Louie? It was a simple question that I posed.

:dontgetit ok? I live in a college town with one independent record store that is participating with record store day and I am on a freaking first name basis with the clerks who have informed me that the store is about 400 square feet with central air..........................what has got to you Louie? It was a simple question that I posed.

I thought he was trying to be helpful. I think he was saying that every place is different, because that's true. The one I go to won't be that busy because there a lot of stores participating in my area. Plus every year has different releases so it depends on the fans of those groups. I would ask the people who work there. If they've been there for a few years, they should have a good idea of what to expect. Hope that helps.