A question on strings.

Lighter picks and self control...picking wth fingers i usually lighten up on my bass attack...when recording i keep the mic a foot away aimed at the twelfth fret and us a customized high pass filter with some compression...live i make sure the bass i rolled off and use a rubber feedback eater

these are the custom lights i use http://store.daddario.com/category/144853/...tom_Light_11-52

i also have gone mostly from my martin D-42 to a SWOMGT because i prefer the less full body and tighter tone...my SWOMGT has solid cherry back and sides which imparts a far more crisp tone compared to the more robust rosewood IMO

anyone ever try using acoustic strings on an electric guitar? i wonder if its crazy different. like, provided you get the thing set up and all.

I use a custom heavy set with a wound .22 g string on my les paul...i guess thats close...good tone, hard to play fast runs, but thats not my thing

j

I use a custom heavy set with a wound .22 g string on my les paul...i guess thats close...good tone, hard to play fast runs, but thats not my thing

j

I've really been wanting to put a wound g on an electric...think I might do it...