Grandaddy (New Jason Lytle Solo Album)

For me I have 'Yours Truly, The Commuter' down as album of the year. Side two is absolutly beautiful, especially 'Rollin home alone' which I have played more than any other song this year

That song has also become my favorite from that album, and one of my favorite songs from this year.

Anyway, for those that liked it there may be a follow up coming along very shortly. Checking on Jason's website it looks like he is readying some songs for an album in 2010.

:w00t :dance

Just was listening to this on Tues night. I really think this is a strong album, but I felt it dragged a little in the middle. The first few songs floored me and "Rolling Home Alone" is outstanding. This is a good headphones listen, a lot of little quirks here and there. One thing for sure, Jason has a unique sound.

definitely a top album for me this year, also. too bad I saw Neko before Jason hopped on the tour this year. "It's the Weekend" is one lyrically deficient song but I love it. "Ghost of My Old Dog" is probably my favorite but there are some great tracks on here all around.

As mentioned above, he is very powerful lyrically. That line 'I may be limping, But I'm coming home' also resonates with me. The ending of the album is also very powerful and meloncholy, especially the track about Flying Through Canyons. Its great stuff.

• 2 months later...

There is a new Christmas album availble to download free off Jason's website. I've haven't checked it out yet but 'Yours truly' was my favourite album from 2009. I think this download is some raw piano stuff. Sounds like he has a new record out in 2010.

In fact....with this new download in addition to the recent album, the lovely contributions to the 'Dark Night of The Soul' project and his work with M.Ward on his 'Hold Time' record, I'm nominating Jason for artist of the year!!

• 2 months later...

Looks like an interesting new band (a combination of Grandaddy and Earlimart) is in the offing. Looking forward to hearing some of of the fruits of their labour soon. I must admit I haven't heard anything by Earlimart so will be interesting to hear how this sounds.

http://www.admiralradley.com/homenews/

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like an interesting new band (a combination of Grandaddy and Earlimart) is in the offing. Looking forward to hearing some of of the fruits of their labour soon. I must admit I haven't heard anything by Earlimart so will be interesting to hear how this sounds.

http://www.admiralradley.com/homenews/

that's interesting - how did you come across it?

i'm not familiar with Earlimart.

that's interesting - how did you come across it?

i'm not familiar with Earlimart.

I think it was mentioned on 'Pitchfork' a week or so back. No, I can say I've heard of Earlimart either. That fact that I haven't heard of them coupled with it being on the Pitchfork website would suggest they are a cooler-than-cool indie band with plenty of credibility. Sounds interesting anyway.