Jason Molina/Magnolia Electric Co/Songs:Ohia

Just heard him for the first time a week ago on Sirius ("What Comes After the Blues") and fell in love with that song immediately. Can't wait to listen to all these sugestions.

This thread is a perfect example of why I love this place so much!

His older mark, Songs Ohia has some fantastic, dark, quiet, meditative albums like The Lioness, Didn't It Rain and Ghost Tropic.

His newer project Magnolia Electric CO can be a bit more rockin. I love their latest Josephine, but there was this transitional album that is released by Songs Ohia but the album title is Magnolia Elec CO.... it might be the best. Or at least the first three tracks are.

there was this transitional album that is released by Songs Ohia but the album title is Magnolia Elec CO.... it might be the best.

Agreed. It's my favourite.

I also really like Let Me Go, Let Me Go, Let Me Go, released as simply Jason Molina.

• 1 year later...

Listened to Electric Magnolia Co last night for the first time. Heard lots of twinges and touches of Neil Young/Crazy Horse. The production value was just the way I like it-stark, a bit of overdubs, almost like the recorded songs were mostly first takes.