Adrian Belew - Twang Bar King

51AS9AYZ3SL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Especially since I can't play it anymore.

"Another Time" is a freaking beautiful song.

Discuss the genius of Mr. Belew here, please.

51AS9AYZ3SL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Especially since I can't play it anymore.

"Another Time" is a freaking beautiful song.

Discuss the genius of Mr. Belew here, please.

He played on Beck's One Foot in the Grave album I believe along with being in a band with Mark Sandman of Morphine...or so I have been told.

He also played with David Bowie and King Crimson and The Bears and quite a few others.

He also played with David Bowie and King Crimson and The Bears and quite a few others.

Yup, Talking Heads and Zappa, too.

My favorite album of his is Lone Rhino. I guess I've only heard that one and Twang Bar King, though. Not a very thorough sampling of his solo work.

Yup, Talking Heads and Zappa, too.

My favorite album of his is Lone Rhino. I guess I've only heard that one and Twang Bar King, though. Not a very thorough sampling of his solo work.

I heard his only (semi) hit on the radio this morning -- "Oh, Daddy" -- which is what inspired the thread.

But it's not from either of those albums, it's from Young Lions, which came out a couple of years later (1991 or something like that).

I've seen Belew in concert a few times. The first was on Bowie's Sound and Vision tour. I remember him breaking strings on almost every song. Kind of a strange and somewhat disappointing show. A very bizarre choice of songs, considering it was supposed to be Bowie's last time performing his older material.

Then I saw two nights of the King Crimson double trio on the Thrak tour. Amazing shows! Most recently I saw him with King Crimson on the Construction of Light tour. That one wasn't so hot, but I mostly blame that on the drummer (Pat Mastelotto), who I feel can't cut it as the only drummer for KC (he was good enough in the double trio along w/ Bill Bruford).

I recently missed an opportunity to Belew's solo band in a small venue. His band is a couple kids from the Paul Green school of Rock.

Anyone heard his recent cds with Les Claypool?

Doesn't Twnag Bar King have a cover of "I'm Down" on it? I recall his version as being pretty cool.

Doesn't Twnag Bar King have a cover of "I'm Down" on it? I recall his version as being pretty cool.

Yes it does, and yes it is.