Burlington, VT 3/26/09 Higher Ground

can't say i've ever been able to tell when or if i've heard "cell phone interference" on a recording...

but the two tracks from the previous post sound great to me.

can't wait to get the rest of the show, my wife is gonna flip!

I grabbed the 3rd source from the taper yesterday afternoon and it is clean. I'll have it on etree early this evening.

Hey Chris, that's good news. It was great to meet you the other night as well, if only briefly. Sucks that the "rafter recordings" got messed up by the cell phone interference. I would have been really interested to hear how those came out. And considering all the work that you guys put in getting stuff set up, I feel badly that it didn't work out.

I used to leave my cell phone on (vibrate or silent mode, obviously) during shows, but since I started realizing how they can wreak havoc with recordings and audio stuff in general, I shut it off entirely now. I'm all for technology, but sometimes I do wish we could go back to the dark ages, if only for a little while. :pirate

chrisvt...

Thanks for the up of the Higher Ground show. Downloading now. Sorry to hear about the cell interference, but glad someone has a good source. Thanks again for getting this up and to all the tapers who make it possible for us to enjoy these shows for a long time after they're over...

Cheers.

Thanks to everyone who taped this show. I've learned my lesson about texting during a concert - I had no idea it could disturb the recording. My apologies for whatever part I played in harming others' hard work.

It was a really fantastic show and I look forward to hearing it.