Burlington, VT 3/26/09 Higher Ground

I think this is the right setlist based off of my twitter.

Via Chicago

Remember the Mountain Bed

Spiders (kidsmoke)

Everlasting Everything

Solitaire

Ruling Class

Forget the Flowers

Summerteeth

I Wanna Be Your Dog (The Stooges)

One by One

Simple Twist of Fate (Bob Dylan)

Bob Dylan's 49th Beard

Nothingsevergonnastandinmyway(again) (requested by Paul)

Jesus Etc.

Heavy Metal Drummer

Encore 1:

Airline to Heaven

Shot in the Arm

Muzzle of Bees

We've Been Had

I'm the Man Who Loves You

Encore 2:

Hummingbird*

Theologians*

Someone Else's Song (no pa)

Acuff Rose(no pa)

* Mike on Keys

Such a good show...can't wait for tomorrow

You got all the songs, I think, but a couple were out of order... :pirate

Here you go:

Via Chicago (w/harmonica)

Remember The Mountain Bed

Spiders (Kidsmoke)

Everlasting Everything

Solitaire

The Ruling Class

I Wanna Be Your Dog [The Stooges]

Forget the Flowers

Summer Teeth

One By One

Simple Twist of Fate [bob Dylan]

Bob Dylan's 49th Beard

Jesus, etc.

Nothing'severgonnastandinmyway(again)

Heavy Metal Drummer

----------------------------

Airline to Heaven

A Shot in the Arm

Muzzle of Bees

We've Been Had

I'm The Man Who Loves You

-----------------------------

Hummingbird [w/Mikael Jorgensen on keyboard]

Theologians [w/Mikael Jorgensen on keyboard]

Someone Else's Song (played at edge of stage w/o PA system)

Acuff-Rose (played at edge of stage w/o PA system)

Yeah I figured I had nothingsever and i wanna be your dog out of order..didn't txt them in when they were played..thanks for fixing it up!

No prob. I'm impressed that you can tweet almost every song. I'm not deft enough on the ol' mobile. :pirate

I thought it was a very, very fun show. Jeff seemed to be in a great mood; as someone near me put it, he was just "feisty" enough to deal with an at-times rowdy crowd and yet comfortable enough to indulge several impromptu requests (Forget the Flowers and We've Been Had, to name two). Great to see Mike come out and play a couple of songs as well, though Theologians was -- shall we say -- a bit loose? :lol

Incidentally, I think Pronto made at least a few converts with their all-too-brief 30-minute opening set. They actually played a couple of songs that aren't on their recently released record and I hesitate to give a setlist because I'm not 100 percent sure of a couple titles, but they definitely did All Is Golden, Listen Lover, Good Friends Have Gone and Monster. Sounded really good, imho, so get there early tomorrow night and check 'em out. :thumbup

Agree bbop... a very, very fun show!

Jeff was clearly enjoying himself and the Burlington crowd was clearly happy to have him here. For a "bar" show - I thought the crowd was pretty well behaved.

Great set list! He really mixed it up and he sounded terrific from start to finish. Highlights for me:

Remember the Mountain Bed - (achingly beautiful last night)

I Wanna Be Your Dog - (first time for me, what a great version he does)

One By One - (simply gorgeous)

Muzzle of Bees - (so well played and sung)

Loved both Hummingbird and Theologians with Michael - but as stated above - a little bit loose... If you are going to NoHo tonight - get in early and see Pronto, I thought they sounded really good.

The Someone Else's Song and Acuff Rose sans the PA were terrific. It worked really well in the space. Also, great banter all evening.

Off to NoHo later today! Thanks to Jeff and crew for making our little "city" on the lake a stop on this mini tour.

Just remembering that Jeff gave a couple of Burlington shoutouts as well. He changed one of the "on a private beach in Michigan" lines in Spiders to something...in Burlington.

And during Heavy Metal Drummer, he did the obligatory, "Playing Phish covers..." but then couldn't think of any other Burlington bands. I yelled out Death, which technically is a Detroit band but they live in Burlington now so I thought that was appropriate, and Jeff took that suggestion. Then he pointed out how the crowd couldn't really think of any other Burlington bands either, so he started making up names like Processed (it wasn't Processed, but you get the idea) Turd. Finally someone else yelled out Grace Potter, and he did that one as well. :lol

There was also some discussion of biking in Burlington. Apparently Jeff went on a bike ride in town and some people honked at him (and possibly tried to get him to stop for a picture, which I'm a little horrified to think about, but anyway).

This was my first Tweedy solo show, but I've seen Wilco a few times. Jeff seemed really comfortable and he played a bunch of songs I've been dying to hear live. Sadly I didn't get to hear Gun (maybe some other time), but I have no complaints at all about going.

Pronto was stellar as well.

I'm definitely one of those Pronto converts, they played a really solid set. I was impressed with Mike's versatility on guitar and vocals and now hope he might have more features in Wilco in the future. Speaking of a partially-rowdy crowd, I'd like to note that during the two new songs they were all perfectly silent. Looking forward to two more!

what a great time last nite. first time in burlington, and higher ground was a cool place. tweedy was on last nite. loved spiders. loved we've been had!! shot

in the arm was so cool.

i see that someone taped the show. where would i find the recording? i know you can get recordings from the wilco website, but is this the place to get his

solo show as well?

thanks.

Welcome to VC! :wave

Keep an eye on this thread, when the show is available, it'll definitely get posted about in here.

Also check out the trading/bit torrent sub-forum, here: http://forums.viachicago.org/index.php?showforum=30

If you're an old-school trader, someone there will hook you up. If you already download bittorrents, a link to any available torrent will turn up there eventually. And if you need help with how to do any of that, there are plenty of helpful links in that section, as well as helpful people who'll walk you through it if necessary.

In general, we ask that people wait at least a week before asking about the availability of a recording. We just like to give the tapers a chance to do whatever it is they need to do in order to get the best possible recordings out to us. So give it a few days, I'm sure we'll hear from those folks soon. :yes

Keep an eye on this thread, when the show is available, it'll definitely get posted about in here.

Also check out the trading/bit torrent sub-forum, here: http://forums.viachicago.org/index.php?showforum=30

If you're an old-school trader, someone there will hook you up. If you already download bittorrents, a link to any available torrent will turn up there eventually. And if you need help with how to do any of that, there are plenty of helpful links in that section, as well as helpful people who'll walk you through it if necessary.

In general, we ask that people wait at least a week before asking about the availability of a recording. We just like to give the tapers a chance to do whatever it is they need to do in order to get the best possible recordings out to us. So give it a few days, I'm sure we'll hear from those folks soon. :yes

thanks!! im clearly new here, but finding some very cool stuff.

Thanks for the info about the Higher Ground show being posted online. I talked with the taper who had the mics clamped to the beam near the right stack so its good to know where I can find it once its up. The sound was great that night, so I imagine the audience recordings will be stellar.

i've been to many shows at higherground, but this was something else....

AMAZING!

can't wait to listen to tapes. glad i found this site today.

also wondering if anyone has pictures they can post?

particularly when jeff was posing near the end of the show.

Thanks for the info about the Higher Ground show being posted online. I talked with the taper who had the mics clamped to the beam near the right stack so its good to know where I can find it once its up. The sound was great that night, so I imagine the audience recordings will be stellar.

im new with this site but am really interested to get ahold of a copy of the higher ground show. how long does it usually take to make it up?

[quote name='bb

why does it frighten you to think about it?

well, i mean if he's trying to take a bike ride or whatever, you would hope that people would just sort of let him be and leave him alone. i understand that people want pictures and all that, but there is probably a more appropriate time and place. just sayin'. :pirate

My recording from the Higher Ground was also ruined by cell phone hits. There are hits through the first few minutes of each song that were caused by the phone wielding crowd - texting, twittering, and calling their friends to let them know each song as it was played. Between the phone cameras, people texting & sending messages, phones ringing during the performance - it is my opinion that this marvel of modern technology -the cell phone - is doing its best to ruin the concert experience.

I might have to start traveling with my cellphone jammer. Can you imagine the masses of hipsters that would be lost without cell service during the concert?

Two out of three are trashed - keep your fingers crossed that third source is clean.

I might have to start traveling with my cellphone jammer. Can you imagine the masses of hipsters that would be lost without cell service during the concert?

Forgive me for saying so but if you own a cell phone jammer, it should be illegal for you to go to a concert without it. :)