Concert Ticket Purchasing Question...

Ticketmaster, which is a relief, because given the fact that it crashed over Nickelback sales, I imagine the Live Nation site couldn't have possibly handled the demand of a U2 sale.

Pricing for Chicago is steep--I got a great lower-level seat for the Boston show for $95 in the presale last week, but it seems like the whole lower level and quite a bit of the upper levels in the front half of the stadium are $250.

I think Live Nation links you to the TM sale. It seemed like Live Nation was going to handle sales, since U2 signed that big promotional deal with them, but all the presales have been through TM so far. I never thought I'd ever see the day I'd be relieved to be buying tickets through TM, but Live Nation's fees are a lot higher.

I was shut out. Ah, well. They'll probably do another date.

Shut out? It didn't sell out right? This was a presale for U2 "platinum" members only, right?

Shut out? It didn't sell out right? This was a presale for U2 "platinum" members only, right?

uhhh, no...this was the GA sale. just like the Vertigo tour, I got two tickets...but the wife and I will not be sitting together. she'll get the nicer 300 level ticket, i'll be up in the nosebleeds.

I was surprised they didn't put second shows on sale right away this morning. That's how I got a ticket for the first leg of Vertigo--the first Philadelphia show sold out, and they put the second one on sale right away. I think they're making an effort to be more organized this time and might actually do a presale for second shows. Maybe New York will even get a third? It's a stretch, but I have a hard time believing they'd play there on a Thursday and Friday and take the weekend off. The next scheduled show is in DC that Tuesday.

U2.com is showing a second Boston date for 9/21 (Monday) and a second NY date for 9/25 (Friday). I'll be surprised if there isn't a second Chicago show on 9/13, too. There are a few more dates posted, but it still doesn't look like everything they briefly had on their website the day they announced the tour, then took down. I wish they'd just announce everything already.

struck out on tickets for the Chicago show. Sucks.

I was shut out as well - I was looking for 2 of the $55.00 seats.

I then asked for 1 best available and was offered a $250 seat - I like U2 but not that much.

I just scored tix to the second Boston show thanks to this post on a U2 board.

My first U2 show! :dancing

I have a seat for both Boston shows. I'm hoping I can actually use the tickets, since I still have no idea if I'm moving for next school year, because they're both really good seats for the price. I'm in section 109 both nights, which is the first section of $95 seating, even with the tip of the catwalk on the Edge's side.

That's awesome that you're finally going to get to see them!