Below are the charges. I think Blagojevich is in for an uphill battle. I heard earlier that the fed's did not indict/freeze the funds in his campaign account, like they did in the Ryan case. I wonder why? That would of been the kicker.

Blagojevich, 52, of Chicago, was charged with 16 felony counts, including racketeering conspiracy, wire fraud, extortion conspiracy, attempted extortion and making false statements to federal agents. He allegedly used his office in numerous matters involving state appointments, business, legislation and pension fund investments to seek or obtain such financial benefits as money, campaign contributions, and employment for himself and others, in exchange for official actions, including trying to leverage his authority to appoint a U.S. Senator, announced Patrick J. Fitzgerald, U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Illinois.

The Tribune has a nice, tough editorial. I agree with their sentiment. The voters (in both parties) need to step up, too.

Your move, enablers

• 4 months later...