The Eric's Trip Timeline

This is too good not to share. Vish Khanna has put together a (very) detailed timeline on Eric's Trip. You may be saying Eric's Who, as I was a couple years ago, but holy shit this band has influenced almost everybody in the last 15 years.

For instance - almost everything good out of TO has Rick White's hands on it. The Sadies, the $100 album and the Andre Ethier albums were produced by him and he wrote a unrecorded song for Ian and Simone ($100) that they did on Friday.

up-EricsTrip_2008_forExclaim.jpg

Eric's Trip was born of intense emotions, which have been articulated starkly in their music together and apart. Led by shy but visionary artist Rick White, the band came of age in indie rock's golden era, the early '90s, when DIY was still the domain of serious musicians determined to express themselves without compromise. White and creative/romantic partner Julie Doiron had a star-crossed love affair and collaborative union that produced powerfully intimate and influential music. Their alliance with like-minded souls Chris Thompson and Mark Gaudet made Eric's Trip one of the most dynamic, punk-infused rock bands ever, while also fostering some equally intriguing solo work. Thompson's new band the Memories Attack recently released their sophomore album, while White and Doiron worked together on I Can Wonder What You Did with Your Day, Doiron's stunning new solo record, out this month. Reuniting on occasion but mostly tending to their own musical pursuits, the members of Eric's Trip quietly endured a soap opera for the ages before maturing into the gifted solo artists they are today

http://exclaim.ca/articles/multiarticlesub...&fid1=37539

I just read the Exclaim article the other day actually :). I never delved too far into them when they were around but the article made me want to revisit some of that old stuff.

I just read the Exclaim article the other day actually :) . I never delved too far into them when they were around but the article made me want to revisit some of that old stuff.

me too.

I know I should shut up about how good $100 is, BUT look at the paragraph

towards the end of the timeline:

'One a rare occasion in February 2008, White plays a solo show at the

Music Gallery in Toronto and is smitten with one of the opening acts,

a local duo called One Hundred Dollars. Though he rarely solicits

artists who aren't friends, White offers to record the band at his

schoolhouse and, in 13 hours on April 27, they create One Hundred

Dollars' stunning debut, Forest of Tears. "I'm not good when strangers

ask me to do things," White admits. "I'm not really into money and any

that I get, I give towards the rent. Brian owns the place but I have

room and board and record friends' bands here. I want to work on a

video project where I film bands performing here. I don't even charge

people half the time. I recorded pretty much every band in Moncton

when I lived there just because I had an eight-track and figured

someone had to document them. I kinda grew up not thinking of it as a

job."

Brian Taylor and Blue Fog records are two of the best things about

Toronto. You can see the farm house that White and Taylor share here:

From the Rick White Archives Youtube Channel:

The bearded guy walking through the shot at the beginning is Taylor.

BrianBluefogSIGN-3b.gif