Wilco Store Shipping

I just preorderd myAshes DVD and when I got to the shipping part, It stated 21 something bucks for item to arrive on release date. I just went with Standard Shipping. With preorders do you have to shelve out that much money to get it on release date?

I have never paid any band store for extra-enhanced (extra $) fast shipping for preorders.

The results have been varied, from being pleasantly surprised to get the CD on release date to sorta pissed 5+ days after release date. ("MusicToday = MusicSomeday" was a joke on VC at one point in time).

So you are buying a delivery date promise with your $21. It may or may not be necessary.

It may depend on when you order it. It's less than a week before the release, which makes priority shipping necessary to get it to you on the release date. If you don't want to pay through the nose (or another body part of your choice) to get a new release right away, try ordering earlier next time.

It may depend on when you order it. It's less than a week before the release, which makes priority shipping necessary to get it to you on the release date. If you don't want to pay through the nose (or another body part of your choice) to get a new release right away, try ordered earlier next time.

That is all well and good about early ordering, but the site states that the preorder will be shipped on WED. So why should it matter when I order it? I just think that if you are going to say items will be shipped on 4/15, then it should specifically say prior to ordering that you have to pay 20 bucks for it to arrive on release date. Of course this same thing happened with my M. Ward preorder and I got that in two days. Who knows, but I love how it says will ship on 4/15 and some are already reporting that it is shipping.

I picked US mail as my preorder option from MusicToday, and I got a notification from them on Friday that my package had been shipped, if that helps at all.

The problem is, MusicToday's "shipping date" means the date they send it out their door, not the date it actually enters a shipping system. I bought some DBT stuff from there last month, and it arrived about 10 days after I got the email notice of shipping. They do some weird hybrid of US Mail and UPS that takes a really long time. You can track your order through the MusicToday website, but it's really vague. It'll get there eventually, but I wouldn't schedule a weekend watch party if I were you.

Guest Hollinger.
That is all well and good about early ordering, but the site states that the preorder will be shipped on WED. So why should it matter when I order it? I just think that if you are going to say items will be shipped on 4/15, then it should specifically say prior to ordering that you have to pay 20 bucks for it to arrive on release date. Of course this same thing happened with my M. Ward preorder and I got that in two days. Who knows, but I love how it says will ship on 4/15 and some are already reporting that it is shipping.

The only way to guarantee it will arive on the release date if it is shipped Wednesday is 2 day UPS, which will cost that much money. If you had ordered already, they could have had it ready to ship out regular UPS before the weekend, which is 5 business days (or less) guaranteed. You can still order with regular UPS, and it might arrive sooner, but they can only guarantee that it will be there in 5 days.