Wilco Knoxville 2009-04-18

You met him after the Knoxville show? Where'd you find him?

I was able to find the rest of the band, but I guess he was hiding...

I met him by the buses. There was a small crowd (I'd say around 15 or so people) that waited by the buses and about an hour later Jeff came off the bus and signed autographs and took picures.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We made it to the Knoxville show. The Tennessee theater is an amazing place. I enjoyed the opening band for a few songs, then it became repetitive. That's a talented bunch, but I think I would have enjoyed them more if one or more of their band members were multi-instrumentalists. The instrumentation seemed to lock them into too narrow of a sound.

As for Wilco, I think this was the most enjoyable show I've seen them do. I liked the setlist, and for the first time I was able to pay attention to each members contribution to the overall sound. That's something that has been fascinating to me lately. Too many bands fail to realize that you shouldn't all just bash away through every song.

All the folks we encountered in Knoxville were super nice (there are a lot of assholes in Atlanta so that was a nice change of pace). There was a lot going on in Knoxville on Saturday and we could not find a place to eat without a long wait, but the hostess at the Saphire (I think that's what it was called) found a spot for us and our waitress got us in and out with time to spare before the show.

There was a lot going on in Knoxville on Saturday and we could not find a place to eat without a long wait, but the hostess at the Saphire (I think that's what it was called) found a spot for us and our waitress got us in and out with time to spare before the show.

The UT football spring game brought about 50,000 people to the downtown/UT area who probably wouldn't otherwise be there on a Saturday afternoon.

As for Wilco, I think this was the most enjoyable show I've seen them do. I liked the setlist, and for the first time I was able to pay attention to each members contribution to the overall sound. That's something that has been fascinating to me lately. Too many bands fail to realize that you shouldn't all just bash away through every song.

This last bit is very true. When you don't play is more important than when you do.