Not For The Season

Guest Speed Racer
not that i dislike the demo...but it's just so....springsteen-y. and i love springsteen, but i'm glad they destroyed it. if i want springsteen, i'll listen to springsteen, ya know?

Jeff did write Born to Run, you know.

It seems that the YHF demos are the last time we saw that overt vocal range out of Tweedy.

Yep Dude had surgery post YHF and it completely changed the timbre of his voice as I hear it. I didn't recognize that it was Jeff singing the first time I heard "Spiders" on a boot pre-AGIB. His voice is a very different instrument now then it was. I'd like to say it's more subtle or nuanced but I don't feel that really hits the mark quite right. I for one prefer the old Tweedy voice and every now and then when a track he recorded before the surgery pops up (Love and Mercy, Let Me Come Home) it's a joy. That being said the way he uses his voice now has grown on me.

Also solo acoustic "Not For the Season" is tits.

Yep Dude had surgery post YHF and it completely changed the timbre of his voice as I hear it. I didn't recognize that it was Jeff singing the first time I heard "Spiders" on a boot pre-AGIB. His voice is a very different instrument now then it was. I'd like to say it's more subtle or nuanced but I don't feel that really hits the mark quite right. I for one prefer the old Tweedy voice and every now and then when a track he recorded before the surgery pops up (Love and Mercy, Let Me Come Home) it's a joy. That being said the way he uses his voice now has grown on me.

Also solo acoustic "Not For the Season" is tits.

Yeah, I remember the surgery, but I guess I thought it was minor and never connected the two. I also prefer the older Tweedy voice where he almost talk/sang, but I too have grown to enjoy the more nuanced or technical singing of the last few records.