Does anyone know if Wilco, their management, or label have changed the taping and sharing policy for the band's live performances? GLONO received a take down notice from Nonesuch/Warner Bros. See: Unreleased Wilco - I Wish I Were Ian Dury

They used to have an open taping/sharing policy on their website, but it's now gone and then we get this notice.

UPDATE:

Looks like Muzzle of Bees got notice too, for different songs.

Shit, I hope not. Maybe it was due to the unreleased song. Plus, I suppose the record label has different iders than the band.

Wilco does allow non-flash still photography wherever it does not conflict with venue or other restrictions beyond our control.

Professional photographers MUST obtain a photo pass via the label or Wilco's management or publicist. No exceptions.

Please be considerate of others.

We do not allow video taping, and ask that you refrain from using your cell phones during concerts.

Wilco does permit audio taping and trading of live performances wherever it does not conflict with venue or other restrictions beyond our control.

We do not allow direct soundboard patches.

We also do not allow videotaping.

Wilco supports the free trading of live recordings for non-commercial purposes.

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:44 PM

Hi everyone!

I contacted the Wilco management office about taping and here's what they told me:

"Here's our policy on taping:

*wilco does permit audio taping and trading of live performances wherever it does not conflict with venue or other restrictions beyond our control. we do not allow direct soundboard patches. we also do not allow videotaping. wilco supports the free trading of live recordings for non-commercial purposes.

On top of that, our tour manager briefs the head of security at every venue so that they may inform all guards about our taping policy"

I'll contact the venue and see what they tell me (I hope I can get a decent recording of the show in Madrid)

Edited by Analogman

Yeah, I really hope this doesn't become a trend. I'd love for them to be a little more lax on the video-taping as well, more DVD Project volumes certainly aren't a bad thing in my opinion.

--Mike

I don't think any bands allow video taping. I suppose there are some out there somewhere, but I am sure it is rare.

Animal Collective is the only one I can think of off the top of my head. I can see why it's a problem, but I do enjoy a good bootleg video now and then.

--Mike