Looking for someone to review my album

I am looking for someone to review my new album, too. The traditional media outlets have NOT been very good about responding. Pretty disheartening, actually. Hope that you're not experiencing the same.

Sorry that I have not gotten around to listening to the SCS album again, but I have been bombarded by new music today. I promise to make room for it today and write you a more-comprehensive review. I did like it a lot, and am looking forward to digging in even more.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW - We sent off our CD for distribution today.. Should be ready in time for stockings. I'll post when it's available. :thumbup

I did listen to Yesterday's Heroes over the holiday, and I am again impressed! I think this album is a little more spread out, like you were exploring more with the music; but, as you say, true to your sound. It's a nice contrast to your first album, yet complimentary. I think you did accomplish what you set out to do. Congratulations and thanks for the good tunes! I particularly like Sunshine, Dream Plane, and the combination of the last four songs at the end are outstanding! Makes me let the album roll over and play again! I plan on supporting the band by purchasing an official cd when it's released!

I did listen to Yesterday's Heroes over the holiday, and I am again impressed! I think this album is a little more spread out, like you were exploring more with the music; but, as you say, true to your sound. It's a nice contrast to your first album, yet complimentary. I think you did accomplish what you set out to do. Congratulations and thanks for the good tunes! I particularly like Sunshine, Dream Plane, and the combination of the last four songs at the end are outstanding! Makes me let the album roll over and play again! I plan on supporting the band by purchasing an official cd when it's released!

Hey, thanks for listening and thanks for the kinds words! We do this for fun but it can be a royal pain sometimes.. It's the positive feedback like yours that makes it all worth it. :)

I'll be sure to let you know when the CD's are ready. We are getting the preview copy hopefully by next week. After that we'll order the bundle and I'm hoping they are here by Christmas.

Thanks again my friend.

• 1 month later...

I'm digging this. My very first thought was "man, these guys sound like Umphrey's McGee without the excessive jamming." I'm hearing some Minus the Bear too, particularly in the guitar work. Solid work, sir!

Hey thanks choo-choo-charlie! I'll have to check out Umphrey's McGee now.. I've heard of Minus the Bear, but not familiar with their material. I find it interesting that my band often gets compared to bands I've never heard.

Thanks for listening my friend. :thumbup

Hey thanks choo-choo-charlie! I'll have to check out Umphrey's McGee now.. I've heard of Minus the Bear, but not familiar with their material. I find it interesting that my band often gets compared to bands I've never heard.

Thanks for listening my friend. :thumbup

You're welcome! The Umphrey's McGee records I've got are Anchor Drops, Live at the Murat, and Safety in Numbers. There are others, but I'd suggest going in that order. As for Minus the Bear, I've only heard their first three records, This is What I Know About Being Gigantic, Highly Refined Pirates and Menos el Oso.