Tweedy Benefit Show

Noticed this today on Chicagoist:

http://chicagoist.com/2009/06/21/jeff_tweedy_wrangles_up_a_benefit_s.php

Jeff Tweedy Wrangles Up A (Benefit) Solo Show

If you're not quite in the Lollapalooza spirit this year or you'd rather spend $80 on a good ticket for an intimate show than a sweaty festival or maybe, dammit, you just love Wilco and are disappointed they aren't playing this year's fest, then Jeff Tweedy is coming to your rescue. And it's for a good cause. On Saturday, August 8, Tweedy - with opening support from Second City alum and current Colbert Report writer Peter Grosz - is playing a benefit solo show at Emanuel Congregation. Seating is general admission and set in three tiers by price:

* $200 VIP ticket gets up front seating, one on-site parking spot per ticket, a meet and greet with the artists and a drink ticket.

* $75 tickets will be in a reserved mid section, general seating

* $54 tickets will be in the third section, general seating.

Tickets for the 8 p.m. show go on sale Monday, July 22. Be sure to check back at Natiiv Events for more details as that date draws closer. [via Leah Jones]

Wahooo!!!

I'm in!

Better bursh up on my Hebrew

Very cool, my cousin belongs to this synogogue... now I have an excuse to attend services with Rabbi Tweedy. :beer .

Dude! Maybe we'll meet up once again.. stil waiting for the Valentines show to re-appear

Okay, so of course I'm going to the benefit show! :) It really wasn't that hard of a choice.

Who else is in? It's in 5 weeks and this thread sank to page 4 pretty fast. I guess there's been a bit of Wilco-related activity of late. :lol