Wilco - Wilmington - 7/10/09

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was up with the Pork Chop and Ce-le-ry yelling? Is this a Wilmington, DE thing or related to the stadium? No idea...

I still can't believe Jeff actually ate a bite of the celery that someone threw on stage--yucky! And he asked for more! =)

Not sure about pork chop but Mr Celery is the mascot of that stadium's minor league team.

What was up with the Pork Chop and Ce-le-ry yelling? Is this a Wilmington, DE thing or related to the stadium? No idea...

I still can't believe Jeff actually ate a bite of the celery that someone threw on stage--yucky! And he asked for more! =)

The Porkchop thing was in reference to the Bonnaroo show where Tweedy said "I was expecting porkchop flags" or something to that extent. That would be my guess. The celery thing got annoying. Especially since they kept throwing strings of it up on us in the front row.

We were a little disappointed as well with the setlists for the past 2 shows we saw on this tour (WT and Wilm.). I think the fact that each album they release does better and better, new fans are attending huge shows like this. Its been the experience of my wife and I that the later shows of the tour, or subsequent non-album supporting shows really flesh out their catalog. Still, its cool to see them in a stadium. We've seen the gambit of venues from clubs, upscale venues, to small places (hello Morgantown). Very cool to see them progress and play well anywhere.

Phenomenal show. I arrived at 1 pm to find only 3 people lined up in front of me (to my surprise); the line was barely more than 20 when the doors opened!

I only remember 3 of the 5 soundcheck songs: Magazine Called Sunset, Box Full of Letters, Everlasting Everything.

Pictures from my front row center spot here: Wilco July 10, 2009 Flickr set.

Conor Oberst pics coming soon.

I hope a recording shows up.

Phenomenal show. I arrived at 1 pm to find only 3 people lined up in front of me (to my surprise); the line was barely more than 20 when the doors opened!

I only remember 3 of the 5 soundcheck songs: Magazine Called Sunset, Box Full of Letters, Everlasting Everything.

Your photos are spectacular!!!

I too am awaiting some recording information--let me know if you hear/see something!

Thanks!!!

I believe Shake it Off was a soundcheck tune

I bet Noah LOVES this!

You missed a great show---

Set list rocked it....

This ranks up with one of my all time FAVORITE SHOWS and the venue was awesome!

I'm certain the company would have made it a very good experience.

The pork chop thing originated during their JazzFest set. Lots of folks at JF carry flags and a group had a flag that featured a "ginger moustache", which Jeff mistook for a pork chop. He mentioned it at Bonnaroo, too.

The pork chop thing originated during their JazzFest set. Lots of folks at JF carry flags and a group had a flag that featured a "ginger moustache", which Jeff mistook for a pork chop. He mentioned it at Bonnaroo, too.

I have a pork chop pin from JF '05. Great crew of folks, as I recall ;)

The company was great! I'm sure you know all about that! =)

I keep telling him how fun and great everyone in our concert going crew is :). although, being he's not as big of a fan as we are, am guessing we'll never really be able to convince him to join us at a show...stranger things have happened though...

My Conor Oberst & The Mystic Valley Band pics: Conor Oberst etc.

I'm pretty spoiled having seen about a dozen shows on the extended SBS Tour in just about every possible type of setting. The setlists are getting more hit filled lately but at some point I'm sure they'll go back the other way. And it really does depend on the venue. There was nothing intimate about last night. It was obviously all about the beer and talking to much of the crowd, and that's ok with me. I'm there pretty much for the music only as are most or all of you. But could the bands we love thrive or even survive with just the hardcore fans supporting them? Maybe not.

Well said. Yes, I think Wilco can survive on it's hardcore fan base. What they can't afford is venues such as these. I witnessed the "party crowd" on the field drove most patient fans around us to the bleachers. It makes me think twice about ever traveling to see another Wilco General Admission show again.