Get Well Cards

Sausalito ->

Nikorette

Air Mattress

Slowly (So Slowly)

Big Black Nothing

"What's up with Wilco, Holy Shit!!!"

Cape Canaveral

I Don't Want to Die in the Hospital ("to anyone who is feeling sick")

Moab

"Next song is extremely disposable"

Spoiled

NYC - Gone, Gone ->

Souled Out

"Thank you to the wonderful Wilco, wherever you are")

I Got the Reason #2 (!!!!!!!)

Roosevelt Room ("This is a song about our great country")

Condensing the setlist into one post

Wilco (The Song)

Muzzle of Bees

Shot in the Arm

Bull Black Nova

You Are My Face

One Wing

I Am Trying to Break Your Heart

Handshake Drugs

Impossible Germany

Jesus Etc.

Sunny Feeling

Can't Stand It

Hate It Here

You Never Know (Jeff was tossed a few pieces of celery by a group on the right stage before this song..Nels and him each took a bite and threw the pieces into the crowd.)

Walken

I'm The Man Who Loves You

Hummingbird

1st Encore

Misunderstood> (58 Nothings by my count)

Spiders

2nd Encore

Box Full of Letters

Heavy Metal Drummer

I'm Always in Love

Hoodoo Voodoo

I love Conor Oberst's set...but was it just me or was the entire band hammered? Especially the one guitar player

fuckin awesome show tonight. they played an great setlist. unfortunately i was right next to the celery crowd, but at least that means i was right up there. so happy they played "i'm always in love." phenomenal show.

ALways good to see Wilco. The venue was OK. I think they have trouble with sound in some of the larger spaces. Seemed like they could have moved the stage up around two hundred ft to create a better setting. the bleacher were preety far back on d the sound was a little muddy. Place was maybe half full. Then again i would guess it would take a few thousand more on the floor to fill it. it was a big area.

I was on the field for the first half but it became too annoying with the talking and folks coming and going to whole time. No real comparison to the Opera House and Tower in sound and set lists.

Songs were driven by the larger venue it seemed. I am always more preferential to the mix of slower songs like pp radio cure.... The guys looked like they were in good spirits. Sharp as usual. BBN was a nice rip. SF and the song were OK but have not been all that into the new album anyways.

Enjoy the rest of the tour.

Edit CO put on a great opening set. I do not know much about them but they had some killer energy and were a lot of fun. Looked like they were feeling no pain which is always nice to see rock stars being rock stars lol

was it just me or was the entire band hammered?

it wasn't just you. conor was for sure, and the bass player had a trippy look in his eyes.....but I saw them headline tuesday night in baltimore.....and conor looked like a boy scout last night compared to how he looked at the tuesday baltimore show.

I was right in front of the very enthusiastic celery crowd. Here's some video I shot last night, since there seems to be some controversy over Misunderstood :)

Moderator edit: Wilco doesn't allow videotaping of their shows, so direct links to audience videos are not permitted on Via Chicago

Poster's Edit: Sorry about that- thanks for letting me know.

really cool concert last night. alongside ryan adams, jeff tweedy and conor oberst are my favorite singers ever. so to see conor oberst open for wilco was awesome. the venue was pretty cool. never seen a show at a ball park before, but the atmosphere was awesome (cotton candy sellers, fireworks going off...)the setlist was alright. can't stand and box full of letters stole the show (two songs i thought tweedy hated). the sound wasn't all the great, partly because of the speakers and partly because off the inherently bad acoustics in center field. the band seemed in good spirits though... tweedy played the guitar with his teeth, let someone in the crowd strum his guitar, ate some celery off the ground, swung the mic around during hummingbird (made an impressive catch that i was sure wasn't going to work out). pat and nels had dueling solos during hoodoo voodoo.

all around it was a really fun night despite the average setlist and poor sound.

by the way... i'm pretty sure it's always 48 "nothings" nowadays during misunderstood. at least thats what i counted in philly last winter and in willmington last night (12 x 4 i guess).

I always thought Pearl Jam were the best live band in America but last night almost swayed me to believe wilco are.. It was the 3rd time I had seen them and by far the ebst show. Misunderstood (I requested it) into Spiders melted my face off!!!! I was right up the front centre second row and have some great shot for once :) Tweedy was at his witty best with the celery crowd and the wilcoton comment which was not funny but I laughed nonetheless.

I didn't expect I can't stand it, box of letters or I'm always in love so that was a nice surprise. Loved Muzzle of bees so early in the set first time I have heard that one live. Anyway I could write about it all day but should stop. I need more live wilco now!

Conor was great but yeah he looked out of it which actually made for a great show :) They are better than Bright Eyes in my opinion....

The show last night was really fun. The ballpark atmosphere was really nice. The setlist was a little dissapointing, but it was definitely nice to hear I'm Always In Love. Can't Stand It and Misunderstood into Spiders were the highlights of the show for me.

Honestly, I felt like I was at a greatest hits show. I was pretty disappointed in the setlist. The highlight of the show for me was misunderstood. Besides it being a greatest hits show it also seemed short compared to some of the other setlists that I've seen for this tour. Don't get me wrong I still had a good time and the band sounded really tight.

Does anyone else agree with me on the lameness of the set list last night?

Honestly, I felt like I was at a greatest hits show. I was pretty disappointed in the setlist. The highlight of the show for me was misunderstood. Besides it being a greatest hits show it also seemed short compared to some of the other setlists that I've seen for this tour. Don't get me wrong I still had a good time and the band sounded really tight.

You must be crazy lol! A show that includes....

Muzzle of Bees

Shot in the Arm

Bull Black Nova

Handshake Drugs

Can't Stand It

Hate It Here

Walken

Hummingbird

Misunderstood

Spiders

Box Full of Letters

I'm Always in Love

Hoodoo Voodoo

Bull Black Nova AND Spiders, good times!

You must be crazy lol! A show that includes....

Muzzle of Bees

Shot in the Arm

Bull Black Nova

Handshake Drugs

Can't Stand It

Hate It Here

Walken

Hummingbird

Misunderstood

Spiders

Box Full of Letters

I'm Always in Love

Hoodoo Voodoo

Bull Black Nova AND Spiders, good times!

Yea it was a fun show but between the venue being to big for wilco and for me a set list which has 2 songs I have not seen live out of the three times I have seen them (discounting of course the new album stuff) i was a little bummed. Some one made a comment on the wolf trapp thread that summed up my feeling pretty well at this point with the setlists. For a band that has such a large repertoire of songs that they demonstrated they can play at the residency shows, you seem to get that 12-15 core songs at every show.

I just wish they would mix it up even more than they do. And no I do not take the fact that they are one of the few acts that consistently mix up the list each and every show for granted. This is one the main reason I go to see them live every chance I get.

In the grand scheme of Wilco it is a small complaint. They really treat their fans great

Yes I agree but, in that setting (almost festival-like in my opinion) with that kind of crowd I totally understand why they'd play a set like that.

I'm pretty spoiled having seen about a dozen shows on the extended SBS Tour in just about every possible type of setting. The setlists are getting more hit filled lately but at some point I'm sure they'll go back the other way. And it really does depend on the venue. There was nothing intimate about last night. It was obviously all about the beer and talking to much of the crowd, and that's ok with me. I'm there pretty much for the music only as are most or all of you. But could the bands we love thrive or even survive with just the hardcore fans supporting them? Maybe not.

I didn't get any of the songs I particularly wanted to hear last night (Pot Kettle Black, Poor Places, Reservations, Theologians, Too Far Apart, Side w the Seeds) but some stuff just has to get moved out to make room for the new ones, that's just how it works. I'm sure (or at least hope) I'll get a slightly varied set next week at Wappingers.

I think they should run with this latest wave of exposure, media attention, whatever and make the most of it.

Yes I agree but, in that setting (almost festival-like in my opinion) with that kind of crowd I totally understand why they'd play a set like that.

I'm pretty spoiled having seen about a dozen shows on the extended SBS Tour in just about every possible type of setting. The setlists are getting more hit filled lately but at some point I'm sure they'll go back the other way. And it really does depend on the venue. There was nothing intimate about last night. It was obviously all about the beer and talking to much of the crowd, and that's ok with me. I'm there pretty much for the music only as are most or all of you. But could the bands we love thrive or even survive with just the hardcore fans supporting them? Maybe not.

I didn't get any of the songs I particularly wanted to hear last night (Pot Kettle Black, Poor Places, Reservations, Theologians, Too Far Apart, Side w the Seeds) but some stuff just has to get moved out to make room for the new ones, that's just how it works. I'm sure (or at least hope) I'll get a slightly varied set next week at Wappingers.

I think they should run with this latest wave of exposure, media attention, whatever and make the most of it.

well said.

fuckin awesome show tonight. they played an great setlist. unfortunately i was right next to the celery crowd, but at least that means i was right up there. so happy they played "i'm always in love." phenomenal show.

What was up with the Pork Chop and Ce-le-ry yelling? Is this a Wilmington, DE thing or related to the stadium? No idea...

I still can't believe Jeff actually ate a bite of the celery that someone threw on stage--yucky! And he asked for more! =)