Maybe this is an example of a writer not knowing the meaning of the word "former" and thinking it means since he is singing apart from them he is "formerly" the lead singer.

I doubt the Old 97s will ever really break up. I think they all need the gig too much.

LouieB

In interviews, I have read that he says that they'll always be together because they're all good friends and have fun when they're together. He seemed certain that the Old 97's will be an ongoing thing. Now, he just needs to be convinced that his solo career is worth putting the brakes on though.

In interviews, I have read that he says that they'll always be together because they're all good friends and have fun when they're together. He seemed certain that the Old 97's will be an ongoing thing. Now, he just needs to be convinced that his solo career is worth putting the brakes on though.

I think he'll continue to do solo material because he wants to perform the "pop" stuff that just isn't the 97s sound. I'd rather have that than have the Old 97s play some of his solo stuff. I'm a fan of a lot of his solo material, but it's not the same.

If this is true then Rhett is going to play his solo set after Murry's but not join the band for the 97s set after wards. That will piss me off in Indy on the 23rd. :lol

My wife and I are kicking around the idea of seeing them in Asheville in two weeks. We haven't decided yet. It's free and less than an hour drive, so...

That's where we're going. Thought about going to the Atlanta show the next night but the Asheville show's on a Saturday plus Asheville's closer.

Having seen Rhett with both the 97s AND solo, be rest assured, his solo shows are great also. He really is fun playing by himself. Some of the material on his solo albums isn't so great, but as a solo artist, he is very good. He does a killer version of California Stars (yea the Wilco song) also.

LouieB

That's where we're going. Thought about going to the Atlanta show the next night but the Asheville show's on a Saturday plus Asheville's closer.

But in Asheville you won't get the Murry and Rhett opening sets like you will in Atlanta...