An Evening With Wilco Vs. Wilco With Special Guest

37 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer An Evening With or With Special Guest/s

• An Evening With Wilco
    • Wilco With Special Guest/s

Well, after looking at the setlist for the Michigan show from last night something occurred to me: I'd love to just see Wilco do a show like this over the next year.

I'm not looking to get 31 songs per night but it does leave things open without having an opening act. Yes, it also leaves out possible guests on songs.

In my head it would be cool for the band to tour like this for maybe a year. They could maybe like they do now spread out shows and play for a certain length of time like 6 weeks and rest for however long than come back again.

While I'm grateful to have Wilco be a band that seems to always be touring, it would be a nice change of pace to drop an opening act slot for the next year and do shows similar to the one in Michigan.

If that means seeing them once over the next year than I'd be happy and so would other people too I think.

I go to the shows for the music like anyone else and to me the depth in that setlist was just beyond amazing. As Wilco keeps touring and making new fans and they go and seek out all the albums and etc. I'd assume they'd like to hear a nice diverse set that spans their whole career.

And the only opening act that sticks out to me was My Morning Jacket. Every other band kind of blends in to my memory. But I am kind of glad that I'm being introduced to new music and bands I wouldn't have heard of but sometimes one finds themselves not seeking their music out.

So I want to hear what the fans, like me, would prefer.

I realize that their might be some bias towards An Evening With after the setlist last night that prompted this poll in the first place.

Thanks,

Kristofor

PS In the back of my mind I picture the band and how they are all beat up after a show like in Ashes and I feel bad. I guess they could play every other night.

I'd just be happy with ONE fucking show on this tour.

I'd just be happy with ONE fucking show on this tour.

Crow Daddy Magnus,

What state are you in? I'm assuming it's one that hasn't been touched yet by the band on this tour.

Crow Daddy Magnus,

What state are you in? I'm assuming it's one that hasn't been touched yet by the band on this tour.

Shhh.. He was offended by alleged comments by Tweedy and the gang that went along the lines of "So easy, a _______ can do it..."

Unless they're playing with Bob Dylan, give me a Wilco only show!

I like the 2 sets idea.....or maybe 3......6 or 8 opening songs, then 10 or 12 acoustic songs (full band or solo), then 12 more songs and a couple encores. That's not too much to ask, is it? :D