Looking for Tweedy on iTunes

Yesterday, I was at my neighborhood Borders and saw Tweedy on the cover of a songwriting magazine. I checked out the article and saw Jeff remarked that he had recorded another track for the I'm Not There soundtrack. Since I love the "Simple Twist of Fate" cover, and I already own the CD, I got on iTunes this morning looking to see if the other song appeared on an extended version of the soundtrack. The answer is no, but I did find a really weird CD by someone named The Passionate & Objective Jokerfan. The artist has all song titles referencing musicians on this album, called Songs about Musicians. Titles include the following:

"Brian Wilson's Masterpiece"

"Thom Yorke Needs to Lighten Up"

"Ben Folds, You Use Too Many Bad Words in Your Songs"

"Keith Richards is Never Gonna Die"

"The Edge is Annoyed with Bono"

:lol

I could go on...

Anyway, there is a song called "Jeff Tweedy". The clip on the site has these lyrics:

"You are your kinda guy

You're not just gonna lay down and do whatever Billy Bragg tells you to when you're recording Woody Guthrie songs together

Oh, Jeff Tweedy

Everybody talks about how you have this brilliant album that the record company refused to put out"

Yikes. If anybody buys the song, please let us know what else this guy says because it is pretty funny in a Wesley Willis sort of way...strangely enough, he has a song called "Wesley Willis" too!

Yesterday, I was at my neighborhood Borders and saw Tweedy on the cover of a songwriting magazine. I checked out the article and saw Jeff remarked that he had recorded another track for the I'm Not There soundtrack. Since I love the "Simple Twist of Fate" cover, and I already own the CD, I got on iTunes this morning looking to see if the other song appeared on an extended version of the soundtrack. The answer is no

Yeah, I wanna know where "I'll Be Your Baby Tonight" is myself. Jeff says it was released but I can't find it anywhere on iTunes nor Google.

What an odd thing to find on iTunes! You can listen to the song (and his others) on lala.com.

This probably goes unsaid, but it's terrible. :yay However, if you're curious about the rest of the lyrics, they're along these lines:

"Jeff Tweedy

You're a rock and roll genius

Jeff Tweedy

You're the mastermind behind Wilco

And Wilco is the best band in the world

Wilco is what Radiohead wishes it could be if it wasn't so computerized and icy."

...then the Billy Bragg and record company/album lines referenced in the original post as well as an "I wonder if the record company did that on purpose to build hype" line or two

It ends with

"Jeff Tweedy

I want you to be my friend

Jeff Tweedy

my number is 606-784-2349" (or whatever the actual numbers were)

I also listened to the Wesley Willis track. Wesley would have been incredibly disappointed.

What an odd thing to find on iTunes! You can listen to the song (and his others) on lala.com.

This probably goes unsaid, but it's terrible. :yay However, if you're curious about the rest of the lyrics, they're along these lines:

"Jeff Tweedy

You're a rock and roll genius

Jeff Tweedy

You're the mastermind behind Wilco

And Wilco is the best band in the world

Wilco is what Radiohead wishes it could be if it wasn't so computerized and icy."

...then the Billy Bragg and record company/album lines referenced in the original post as well as an "I wonder if the record company did that on purpose to build hype" line or two

It ends with

"Jeff Tweedy

Jeff Tweedy

my number is 606-784-2349" (or whatever the actual numbers were)

I also listened to the Wesley Willis track. Wesley would have been incredibly disappointed.

That's too bad. Wesley rocked it. This guy WISHES he could be as cool as Wesley.

Anyway, I love the phone number part. Hilarious. Thanks for filling in the blanks!