I hate starting new topics. There is so much pressure off the tee around here...

I saw Jon Stewart tape his show in New York in early July. He was a true gentleman; the real deal. The best part was the off the tape question/answer session to start things off. He actually took my question about Sarah Palin, the day before she resigned.

If you are in the NYC area, check it out. Free tickets through his website, but you've got to plan way ahead. Anyone else been there, or up the neighborhood to see Colbert?

Funny you should post about this now - earlier tonight my friend told me his story of seeing The Colbert Report live this week. My friend was hit by a car while bicycling recently, and is on crutches. So he got front row seats. Near the end of taping, just before they were coming back to do the final sign-off, Colbert apparently turned and mouthed "What happened!?" to my friend. My friend gestured driving, biking and smash with his hands. Colbert mouthed "That's terrible!" then 3-2-1 and on-air.

I went to the Daily Show awhile back when it was in their old studio, like somewhere up on 70th? For some reason I thought it might be where Colbert is now but I don't know why I think that.

Anyway, really had a good time. Nice day, took the ferry which is always nice, ate, then went to the taping. Vince Vaughn was the guest. It was fun. We keep meaning to go again but it just never happens.

I think I'm going to some interview evening with Colbert later this year but I don't know those details yet.

Nice stories you guys. I would love to do The Daily Show or The Report someday. When he's ON the first 10-15 minutes of John's show is still my favorite thing on television.

Funny you should post about this now - earlier tonight my friend told me his story of seeing The Colbert Report live this week. My friend was hit by a car while bicycling recently, and is on crutches. So he got front row seats. Near the end of taping, just before they were coming back to do the final sign-off, Colbert apparently turned and mouthed "What happened!?" to my friend. My friend gestured driving, biking and smash with his hands. Colbert mouthed "That's terrible!" then 3-2-1 and on-air.

It's not hard to picture Colbert doing that with your friend. One day I'd like to see his show as well. Tickets are harder to come by than Jon Stewart, partly due to a smaller studio (I think), and we had a small window of opportunity in NY.

I went to the Daily Show awhile back when it was in their old studio, like somewhere up on 70th? For some reason I thought it might be where Colbert is now but I don't know why I think that.

Anyway, really had a good time. Nice day, took the ferry which is always nice, ate, then went to the taping. Vince Vaughn was the guest. It was fun. We keep meaning to go again but it just never happens.

I think I'm going to some interview evening with Colbert later this year but I don't know those details yet.

The Daily Show studios are at 11th Ave and 52nd St. Colbert's studio is Jon's old one, somewhere further north on the west side, so you are right about that.

If you go to the Daily Show, I suggest eating at Taboon afterwards ('Middleterranean food') on 10th, or at Vynl ('cool bathrooms - check out the Cher, Dolly, and Elvis themed ones - really') A local I met nearby while waiting to get in the show clued me in to these places. Both are great Hell's Kitchen neighborhood spots. Jon Oliver was at the bar with us at Taboon having dinner with a friend after the Daily Show taping. I wanted to say hello, but it wasn't the right situation. Still, hearing his classic laugh across the bar was cool.

Nice stories you guys. I would love to do The Daily Show or The Report someday. When he's ON the first 10-15 minutes of John's show is still my favorite thing on television.

I agree, when he's on, the first segment is unbeatable, even by Colbert.

What time do they film the day's episode?

I may be in New York in Septmeber, and if I could make it to one of these tapings, that'd make the trip all the better.

First off, you may already be late for September tickets, so start looking online (best time is early to midmorning eastern time). Also, stuff opens up, but you have to keep checking, and there is always a standby line that you can risk on day of show. Not sure how many of those get in, but I'd definitely be there very early if your going to try that.

The studio opens at 4:30, we were in line about 2:30 (we were serious about getting good seats). Taping was over around 6:30 or so.

First off, you may already be late for September tickets, so start looking online (best time is early to midmorning eastern time). Also, stuff opens up, but you have to keep checking, and there is always a standby line that you can risk on day of show. Not sure how many of those get in, but I'd definitely be there very early if your going to try that.

The studio opens at 4:30, we were in line about 2:30 (we were serious about getting good seats). Taping was over around 6:30 or so.

Alright. I'll look into it.

Do you get tickets from his website?