The thing about street teaming is...

Anyhow - I should have just said Stef has a point. I'm sorry Mr. Pop Todd for grinding your gears.

I was actually uncomfortable reading your posts to Poptodd, Aman.

Seemed a tad harsh.

But then again, contrary to what Sir Stewart thinks, I really don't like conflict.

I have no power here. I am just another person who hangs out here, and is lucky to have only been banned once, and allowed back on.

I find this impossible to believe. I've been under the impression you're held in the highest regard around this joint. Not only would your post count be alot higher, the membership total would be lower, as many members come here only for the bit torrent info and downloads.

After being on this board for a year I've seen a few people being downright rude (a couple overtly and consistently), so I cannot imagine the offense you committed. Somebody call Ollie Stone, I smell a conspiracies.

i once made a post about this band the hymns im really into, i dont think thats really such a bad thing. for people who self promote their own bands, theres a thread in sst. all in all id say music is music and its not a big deal for someone to "street team" it on a message board. someone out there has to dig crosby loggins.

i once made a post about this band the hymns im really into, i dont think thats really such a bad thing. for people who self promote their own bands, theres a thread in sst. all in all id say music is music and its not a big deal for someone to "street team" it on a message board. someone out there has to dig crosby loggins.

That totally is not a bad thing, in fact I actually hope it is encouraged, I love to hear about new music, from other like minded people. What I think is the issue is that some people how are either "hired" or do work on the part of bands, and go to various message boards and post things like this:

I really like Wilco and just started listening to Crosby Loggins. His album came out a couple of weeks ago and i love it! check him out http://www.crosbyloggins.com/

Obviously the guy just came hear to pimp old Crosby. He did not come to add to the various discussions hear. Hell, the guy only has like 7 posts. Generally I don't put too much credence in to post counts, but you can tell with a few number of posts and they guy is saying to check out this music it means he is street teaming or a dumbass, or both.

My rule of thumb, I will check out a band or recomendation from someone I have seen around here for a while and has added to conversations in other ways. If they are new to the board and they say check this band out I don't, because it is usually pure shit. I broke down and checked out this Crosby Loggins character and it is pure shit, and it sound nothing like Wilco.

I broke down and checked out this Crosby Loggins character and it is pure shit, and it sound nothing like Wilco.

me too, man. me too. ive stayed away from the loggins family, and that post was the last nail in the coffin.

I suggested, once, that there should be a sub-forum devoted solely for people to shill their own stuff in, but the idea never took off.

what about "post links to your band!" on sst? im too lazy to link to it. its a really cool thread.