Jeff's Ten Best Songs

If "Please Tell My Brothers" isn't on there (and it isn't) the entire list is invalid.

And while I love "Misunderstood", I don't think it's in the top 10. "I'll Fight" isn't even in the top 10 of the album!

If "Please Tell My Brothers" isn't on there (and it isn't) the entire list is invalid.

And while I love "Misunderstood", I don't think it's in the top 10. "I'll Fight" isn't even in the top 10 of the album!

Where did that song come from? I have always wondered

Guest Speed Racer

"I'll Fight" isn't even in the top 10 of the album!

Let's be clear: "I'll Fight" isn't even Top 12 on the album.

It's a good list overall, but any list shorter than 60 slots is going to omit key songs.

Let's be clear: "I'll Fight" isn't even Top 12 on the album.

I really don't get all this hate towards I'll fight, by far the best song on (the album) for my taste. I mean you guys talk about it as if it was the Yellow Submarine of (the album). It's absurd. To me, most songs on this disc could be part of other albums (BBN on AGIB, Deeper Down on YHF, Country Disappeared on SBS, You Never Know on ATMP etc.) but I'll Fight is the only one that could fit perfectly on any Wilco album to this day, thus being in a way the quintessential Wilco song : melodic, easy on the ear, slightly countryish but marvelously pop, melancholic and bouncy at the same time. Just great.

The hate of I'll Fight, which I think is one of the catchier tunes on the album (though not my favorite all-time Wilco song), I'll never understand. Damn good song. Solitaire is the only one on the new album that I fast forward through at this point.

I'll never get the dislike of I'll Fight.

I'll Fight is easily the best song on the record. Both musically and lyrically nothing compares. One Wing is second with Country Disappeared, You Never Know and Sonny Feeling coming in behind. The first two songs on the record are clunkers. Then again, I'm listening to Nick Lowe's Jesus of Cool right now and this, my friends, is a darn masterpiece.

I'll Fight is easily the best song on the record. Both musically and lyrically nothing compares. One Wing is second with Country Disappeared, You Never Know and Sonny Feeling coming in behind. The first two songs on the record are clunkers. Then again, I'm listening to Nick Lowe's Jesus of Cool right now and this, my friends, is a darn masterpiece.

Amen