Göteborg 14.08.09

Just got back from the Way Out West festival. Göteborg is a uni town, so full of young beautiful trendy people. And every one of them was at this festival. Spent an hour wandering around a park the size of a small city playing follow the noise to find the festival. I was expecting something like Oya in Oslo yesterday, but it was much much bigger. Type of place where there are more bar stalls than toilets. So if you buy a drink, drink it while your standing in the toilet que and maybe, just maybe by the time you need to pee you might be at the front of the que.

Set list was different from yesterday, so although I lost At least thats what you said, I gained spiders.

Set list:

Wilco (the song)

You are my face

I am trying to break your heart

Shot in the arm

Bull black nova

Side with the seeds

One wing

Handshake drugs

Impossible Germany

Jesus etc

Via Chicago

Spiders.

Not sure what happened during BBN, Jeff ended up playing the end of his lead. Was smarter than security this time and got my camera in. Went with the long lens so close shots of them, but couldn't get an overall stage shot. Also, Glenn WAS there, but I just couldn't see him. Saw a drum stick occasionaly, thats it. So he appears in none of my pics. Took heaps for those that couldn't be there. And you owe me because I'm spending yonks loading them up in the hotel foyer having to listen to THE most insipid music ever, which is really killing my Wilco buzz.

I'm having such a great time, its fantastic to see Wilco live after they have kept me awake on the drive home from work so many times. One more in Helsinki, then I shall bide my time in Oz till they come to me.

Göteborg Photos

Thanks for the report and great pics. Looks like a pretty short set list, even for a festival, but it's nice to see three from W(ta). Did you happen to catch Bon Iver's set while you were there?

Thanks! Didn't catch Bon Ivers set, though I'm not even sure who I did see in the end! Just pottered about catching different bands. Several were the same from the Oya festival the day before, Glasvegas and Arctic Monkeys did the same back to back thing as Wilco.

Meant to also add the first two songs were taped for a show. Apparantly some american channel (the camera guy did say which one but I can't recall) is doing a show involving food and music... delightfuly vague I know but its the best I can do. He said maybe on air in Nov.

Oh. My. God. Could it be? Did they really NOT play ITMWLY?

Someone call the paramedics - I'm gonna have a major coronary! :lol

They really didn't play it. Ran into Glenn at the airport and he said it had been ages since they had hadn't included it. Love the song but was happy to get spiders instead, by changing the set list between festivals I got a wider variety of songs so it worked for me.

They really didn't play it. Ran into Glenn at the airport and he said it had been ages since they had hadn't included it. Love the song but was happy to get spiders instead, by changing the set list between festivals I got a wider variety of songs so it worked for me.

It is tough getting variety at a festival and they don't play in your neck of the woods oftent so I am happy for you :rock