Just got back - it's 3am - Wilco offstage at midnight having headlined main stage at 2230.

Big crowd of 10,000 or so in beautiful amphitheatre in Welsh mountains.

Stellar setlist:

BBN

You Are My Face

Muzzle

IATTBYH

One Wing

VC

Impossible Germany

Deeper Down

Wilco The Song

Jesus Etc

Handshake Drugs

Hate It Here

ITMWLY

Spiders

Hoodoo Voodoo

----------

Late Greats

I'm A wheel

More later after zzzz's

Decent crowd in for this one - Wilco last on in what's a boutique festival in stunning surroundings - only two main stages and the boys were up against Hawkwind last thing at night on the Sunday - not too many had made early exits for home.

Tweedy quiet for most of the set but seemed very relaxed if a little spaced out after being in Holland the night before for Lowlands and somewhere else the night before that. After Deeper Down it was something along the lines of 'How could we not play that one at a folk festival' (well it used to be but alot of the current folk inspired big hitters were here, Bon Iver, Grizzly Bear, Vetiver etc). Not much banter though, aside from trying to get the crowd to clap along in Spiders: 'Not bad, but it didn't look like a Queen concert!'

Hair's getting a bit wild now - starting to look like a proper rock star hairdo - he kept pushing it forward almost covering his face.

Hoodoo Voodoo was a good festival choice - crowd enjoyed the comedy guitar duelling between Pat and Nels and it sounded fantastic.

Nice festival - had to laugh watching Amorphous Androgynous in the Far Out stage tent. Was like a Spinal Tap 60's hippy freak out - all long hair, beards, bangra, headbands, beads, gowns and freaky dancing - Tangerine Dream featuring Devendra Banhart and the Grateful Dead, all on speed. Funny, as was Nick Nicely doing something similar playing the entire set with what appeared to be a bag over his head.

'Not bad, but it didn't look like a Queen concert!'

:lol Doesn't he know that the way to whip a crowd into a frenzy in Wales is the traditional rousing cry of "Uggi Uggi Uggi"?

Meanwhile What if Freddy Mercury had been a plumber

Stick with if - after a couple of minutes I find the little winks and pouts hysterical. But that's just me.

Agreed. That song has "opener" written all over it.

Yep, was fully expecting Wilco The Song first. But BBN was straight out of the traps though to be honest it was a bit challenged on volume - quite a bit of yelling to 'turn it up' around me. I think because of the sensitive setting of this particular festival and the eco vibe they couldn't crank it up which was a shame. Still was a great start and soon followed by a killer quartet - One Wing, Via Chicago, Impossible Germany and Deeper Down back to back. Top stuff.

London should be interesting. Think it's Tweedy's birthday too.