I just won tickets to see..

I like him okay and all, but I'm not a HUGE fan, or anything.

The guy is a really good pianist. And he has some pretty good songs.

So, tell me... is he worth going to see for someone like me?

Getting a babysitter and all that?

And yeah, I DO seem to win a lot of stuff like this.

It's kinda cool.

:cheers

hell, i would love that! he always pulls out some great covers (lots of grateful dead)

I was thinking about that. Wife is a Deadhead and I may just give her the tix and stay home with the kids while she goes with a friend.

I'd probably go. He's an excellent pianist, and I'm sure he has a good band.

A few years ago I won tickets to two concerts at once. Ringo and the Backstreet Boys. I didn't bother with the Backstreet Boys, although I regret not scalping the tickets. Ringo was great, though.

I'd probably go. He's an excellent pianist, and I'm sure he has a good band.

A few years ago I won tickets to two concerts at once. Ringo and the Backstreet Boys. I didn't bother with the Backstreet Boys, although I regret not scalping the tickets. Ringo was great, though.

I also won tix to see Ringo a few years ago!

And yeah, it was a really fun show. (He had Billy Squier, Rod Argent, and Edgar Winter in his band at the time.)

Glad that I went then. Maybe I'll go this time.

I also won tix to see Ringo a few years ago!

And yeah, it was a really fun show. (He had Billy Squier, Rod Argent, and Edgar Winter in his band at the time.)

Glad that I went then. Maybe I'll go this time.

I love the bizarre lineups Ringo puts together.

The year I saw him he had Greg Lake, Ian Hunter, Howard Jones and Sheila E. (plus a multi-instrumentalist...some guy who has backed up Billy Joel for a long time). Howard Jones was surprisingly good. They played a pretty incredible variety of material. During Ringo's break Greg Lake, Sheila E. and Howard Jones did an insane meg-jam on Emerson Lake and Palmer's "Karn Evil 9". :rock

But back to the topic, I saw Bruce Hornsby with the Grateful Dead in '90 (give or take a year). He played really great and added a lot to the band's sound.

I saw Hornsby (& The Range) back in the '80s, when he was at the peak of his popularity. A friend had lawn tickets to an outdoor venue, so I went along. It was actually a pretty good show.

I've won a lot of tickets in my day, but perhaps my best streak was in 1997, when I won tickets to U2, followed a few weeks later by the Rolling Stones. I probably wouldn't have paid to see either of those shows, but I'm glad I went to both. I know I also won other tickets that summer, but I don't recall what for.

He played my college (Luther in Decorah, IA probably in 1990). I'm pretty sure he opened and closed with Devo songs, which was pretty cool. The show was great for someone whose music I didn't really care about. Some of his recent releases have been great. I like Camp Meeting.

Hard to believe. Where did you go? We usually lost to our rival, Wartburg, in about everything.

Grinnell. But back then it seemed like everyone crushed us in every sport (except swimming), so I may just be assuming that Luther did too.

Is he playing solo or with his band? That would be the determining factor for me. I don't care for his current band at all but his solo shows are simply amazing.

Three-time Grammy Award-winner and master of musical styles ranging from classical to rock and jazz to folk, the singer-songwriter who penned the hit "The Way It Is" will ignite the stage in a solo performance filled with spontaneity and fluid creativity.

*PART OF OUR SINGER-SONGWRITER SERIES SPONSORED BY WXRT!

Not totally clear, but it sounds like it could be a solo show, by the way this is worded. No mention of a band, at least. And "part of our singer-songwriter series" kinda hints at a solo performance, no?

i really liked him live with the dead and the other ones. he really sings the jerry songs so well. i've seen him a few times. once he had all the women come on stage and dance with him. my wife went up and stole one of his water bottles. she said he was really tall :)

i like habor lights, there's some nice jerry garcia and pat metheny solos on there.

And, this morning, I won tickets to see Steely Dan.

Damn. They're gonna cut me off if I keep this up. (Although, this was a different contest -- this one was phone-in, while the Hornsby tix were online and I don't even remember registering for those!)

Steely Dan put on a hell of a show. :thumbup

And, of course, I can't go. I forgot that I have a Cub Scouts retreat with my boys.

So... I'm giving the tix to a friend whose birthday is right around that time. And, the Cub Scout thing is always a lot of fun anyway. Still: damn.