Jeff Tweedy, Glide Magazine

Pretty good essay. I hope this guy doesn't make his living writing about music, though. He's not terribly open to different sounds. He reminds me of the John Candy character in "Splash" -- the guy who dropped his coins on the ground so he could look up women's skirts? "When I find something that works I stick with it."

Hey VCers...thx for reading!

Nice read. I, for one, enjoyed it.

Good luck with your being open to different sounds.

2615-18010.gif

(It's good to remember that a lot of people read and post here)

Nice read. I, for one, enjoyed it.

Good luck with your being open to different sounds.

2615-18010.gif

(It's good to remember that a lot of poeple read and post here)

Oh, it's cool. I thought that was funny. I listen to a lot of stuff, but I write a singer-songwriter column...so...yeah...

Oh, it's cool. I thought that was funny. I listen to a lot of stuff, but I write a singer-songwriter column...so...yeah...

I'm glad I didn't offend you, Zuma. It probably would have been more accurate to say I hope you weren't a critic during the period in question. Your article spoke very well though to the fervent devotions that we music fans can fall prey to. And FWIW, I share your obsessions. I own far more Neil Young than any other artist, which is not to say I own even half of his output. The only thing that neutralized my own obsession a little bit over the years was that I was even more single-mindedly devoted to Steely Dan from the mid-70s to the mid-00s. Then I discovered Wilco and, well, neither SD nor NY has gotta a lot of play the last few years.