New Westerberg EP

Sounding good from the clips but I wish the entire thing rocked like song 2. I suppose it's another late night basement recording so it leans towards the mellower. Always nice to get a new Westerberg though.

I really like it. I didn't like the mix on one song as his vocals were kind of buried but otherwise another solid effort. Although I wish the guy would tour, I sure like the way he is getting his music out there.

by the by, if anyone has 49:00 cut up into seperate mp3, please PM!

After listening to this a few times over the past day, my initial reaction is a resounding "meh"

It's fine. Parts are pretty good. Workmanlike Westerberg, which is still better than a lot out there. Pretty much on par with what he's been putting out the last few yrs (although a step down from DGT & BoE, IMO). A clever lyric here, a catchy tune there... sloppy drumming and just-better-than-a-demo production quality throughout.

I think I'm just tired of his all-solo, DIY style and would like to get something different from him.

by the by, if anyone has 49:00 cut up into seperate mp3, please PM!

I burned it to CD using EAC and a .cue file I made so that all the tracks would have their own index.

I can send you the .cue file. All you would need to do is convert the MP3 file to .WAV format then burn in EAC using the .cue file. Afterwords you can use the CD to put the tracks on an iPod or what have you.

p.s. I do recall splitting the MP3 file into individual MP3s at one point. I'll have to check my external drive and see if I kept them.

I burned it to CD using EAC and a .cue file I made so that all the tracks would have their own index.

I can send you the .cue file. All you would need to do is convert the MP3 file to .WAV format then burn in EAC using the .cue file. Afterwords you can use the CD to put the tracks on an iPod or what have you.

p.s. I do recall splitting the MP3 file into individual MP3s at one point. I'll have to check my external drive and see if I kept them.

Willing to try either. Let me know what you can do.

I love that album but find myself listening less because I don't necessarily listen to an entire album when I sit down. I've listened to the first 2/3 of the album more than any and I think I prefer the last 1/3. Thanks!

I signed up to amazon.com and tried downloading, but it told me it wasn't available to Canadians. Amazon.ca doesn't have it, I bought 49:00 from Tunecore,but nothing there now. There are no download sites for anyone outside of the US. Anyone know anything different?