Yo La Tengo/Black Lips

I may have a last minute change of heart, but I hate Roseland Ballroom, and I have been spoiled by Maxwell's. I am leaning to no right now. I am certain it will be a great show, though. I heard they will have strings for the parts on the new album.

It's really fine. I don't mean to overstate the case. But it's kind of big and impersonal. Depending on where you stand the sightlines and the sound can suffer. If you find a good spot, you will be great, though. If you end up in a bad spot, don't be afraid to move.

It's definitely a biggish venue for them, but I have been spoiled seeing them at maxwell's a few too many times. It should be a great show. They will bring their A game.

this will be my first time at roseland ballroom. whats it like?

Def get there early. I semi enjoy roseland when I am less than 10 rows of people away. If you are in the back half of the venue it is no good! Also things at roseland start notorously late and behind schedule. I compare roseland to a skating ring...really dumpy and old... but on the other hand with a good person behind the soundboard and a good spot it is a good time and worth it!

I heard they will have strings for the parts on the new album.

When I saw them in Boston last week they had an 8-piece string section come out on two songs and then two of the violin players came back for the long jam on Little Honda. Ira mentioned that they were students who he had just met that day.