My band, The Naptime Shake

9330_172012136140_171699641140_4104212_8098337_n.jpg

I know this can be annoying for some of you, but I thought the 3 or 4 of you on here that know who I am might be interested in this...

My band, The Naptime Shake, released our debut album recently. It went live on CDBaby yesterday and can be found at http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/NaptimeShake

There's a little Wilco and a lot of Texas in our sound--I think some of you might be into it.

And if you write about music for a blog/magazine/newspaper/etc. and might be interested in a free promo copy, hit me up.

Thanks in advance to any of you who take a little time out of your day to give it a listen.

Cheers,

Noah

9330_172012136140_171699641140_4104212_8098337_n.jpg

I know this can be annoying for some of you, but I thought the 3 or 4 of you on here that know who I am might be interested in this...

My band, The Naptime Shake, released our debut album recently. It went live on CDBaby yesterday and can be found at http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/NaptimeShake

There's a little Wilco and a lot of Texas in our sound--I think some of you might be into it.

And if you write about music for a blog/magazine/newspaper/etc. and might be interested in a free promo copy, hit me up.

Thanks in advance to any of you who take a little time out of your day to give it a listen.

Cheers,

Noah

Totally awesome cover. I'll check the music out later!

I am certainly going to check it out.

And I second the cover comment.

Congratulations on the release!

Hey Noah, I went over to check it out, but there are no samples over there at CD Baby.

You need to get some up there!

Hey Noah, I went over to check it out, but there are no samples over there at CD Baby.

You need to get some up there!

They are up there, but seem to only work intermittently. Not sure what the deal is.

You can also find us at myspace.com/thenaptimeshake and sonicbids.com/thenaptimeshake. Thanks for listening.

My friend Claire, a talented graphic designer, did our cover art. I think she pretty much knocked it out of the park.

Do y'all ever play in Fort Worth?

We've played Lola's in the Stockyards before. Hoping to get over there again soon.

I would love to check this out, and great cover. I'm interested in where the name for the band came from? Do you tour around the country?

We do not, as of yet anyway, tour around the country. Maybe soon.

I originally thought of the name as a way to describe that point when you first fall asleep, only to awaken suddenly, feeling as if you've run into something. (I'm sure there's a medical term for this, but I have no idea what it is.) Mostly I just like the way the words sound together, and all my female friends picked it from my list of band names back when I was deciding on one...

Listened to the samples and I liked it a lot.

Sounds a lot like Songs: Ohia or The Magnolia Electric Company, with little flecks of Wilco thrown in for good measure.

I'm thinking that I'm gonna buy this sometime soon. Keep reminding me or I may forget to do so!

Nice.

Sounds a lot like Songs: Ohia or The Magnolia Electric Company, with little flecks of Wilco thrown in for good measure.

I'm thinking that I'm gonna buy this sometime soon. Keep reminding me or I may forget to do so!

Nice.

Thanks for the listen and the kind comparisons. Any day someone hears those influences in our music is a good day.

Nice.

FYI, as of tonight our album is on itunes if you prefer...

Finally got around to listening to the samples on the Sonicbids site and thought it was really excellent. I'm a sucker for any use of horns and I definitely hear some Calexico in addition to the other bands mentioned in this thread. I'll definitely be buying this. Is it best to go through CD Baby or do you sell them, too?

Keep us up to date on tour dates, I might have to drive out to Dallas for a show. :)

Finally got around to listening to the samples on the Sonicbids site and thought it was really excellent. I'm a sucker for any use of horns and I definitely hear some Calexico in addition to the other bands mentioned in this thread. I'll definitely be buying this. Is it best to go through CD Baby or do you sell them, too?

Keep us up to date on tour dates, I might have to drive out to Dallas for a show. :)

Thanks so much for listening. We sell them at shows but haven't set up a way to sell them over the internet ourselves yet other than CDBaby and iTunes. You can also buy them at Good Records in Dallas and Recycled Books in Denton. Are there any stores in Fort Worth we should take some to?

Thanks so much for listening. We sell them at shows but haven't set up a way to sell them over the internet ourselves yet other than CDBaby and iTunes. You can also buy them at Good Records in Dallas and Recycled Books in Denton. Are there any stores in Fort Worth we should take some to?

No, none here. There might be a record store in Arlington...I can't remember the name of it, though. I'll get it through CDBaby. Keep us up to date on your tourdates. Looking forward to a show.

No, none here. There might be a record store in Arlington...I can't remember the name of it, though. I'll get it through CDBaby. Keep us up to date on your tourdates. Looking forward to a show.

Forever Young

That's it. Someone told me about it the other day, but I still haven't made it out there yet. Thanks, Crow.

It's amazing. Best selection of vinyl in Texas, maybe the world.

• 2 weeks later...

Just heard you guys on the new Public Radio station here in Dallas...

December 8, 2009

7pm

Steve Earle – The Galway Girl – Transcendental Blues

Radiohead – Karma Police – OK Computer

The Ventures – Out of Limits – “The Ventures Play Telstar – The Lonely Bull and…”

Pinback – Non Photo-Blue – Summer In Abaddon

The Watson Twins – How Am I To Be – Fire Songs

Robert Earl Keen – The Rose Hotel – The Rose Hotel

The Naptime Shake – Ease My Mind – Blood and Panic :rock

Frank Black – Tossed – Frank Black

U2 – In A Little While – All That You Can’t Leave Behind

Rosanne Cash – Long Black Veil (feat. Jeff Tweedy) – The List

Rank & File – The Train Conductor Wore Black – Sundown

The Black Crowes – Good Morning Captain – Before the Frost… Until the Freeze

Just heard you guys on the new Public Radio station here in Dallas...

It's pretty crazy, actually. They've played at least 5 of our songs on there in the last three weeks. Pretty much one or two plays a day. They're playing a lot of our friends' bands on there, too--it's nice to have decent radio in Dallas again, huh?

what's the Public Radio in Dallas station numbers? i knew nothing about it....

91.7 FM KXT

you can listen online at kxt.org

91.7 FM KXT

you can listen online at kxt.org

they have a pretty decent mix of stuff. they do seem to play some of the same stuff over and over...but it is COOL stuff.