You guys were right on the ball last time I needed some computer assistance.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me, easily, how to take pictures that are in an email and put them on a CD. Also, what kind of CD would I need to buy? This is for one of my Girl Scout projects.

I thank you for any help anyone can give. :)

Are they email attachments? What sort of email account? Either way, you should be able to save the images to your hard drive, then copy that file folder of images onto a blank CD-R, then burn the disc.

Mac or PC?

They are actually on my co-leader's email. Definitely a PC, definitely aol and I'm assuming attachments but not sure. I can find out, tho.

Thank you.

OK. But, PC and AOL? I'm out. :lol Hopefully someone will have some experience here...

Oh, is that a bad combo?!? I was unaware...:dontgetit

Should I mention this poor woman doesn't have a cell phone, either?!? Oh, or a digital camera :stunned

If they are attachments, you can right click on the attachment and do a "save as" and save it/them somewhere. (where you would be able to find them easy) if they are part of or embedded into the email, you should be still be able to right click on the picture(s) and do "save image as" and again save them somewhere you could find them easily. once you have them in one place, you will then need to get them onto a disc with some type of cd burning software.

let us know when you are that far. do you have cd burning software? there are a bazzillion kinds of cd's available. depends on what you are doing with them. if you aren't trying to use them for music, just data (like pictures in this case) the cheap ones will do. cd-r is a one shot use. cd-rw are rewritable and can be burned over and over again.

i seem to get alot of failed burns when using cheap cd-r's. (which means you throw away the failed ones)

Do they necessarily have to be burned on cd?

If not, you can buy a cheap-ass USB-stick. One gigabyte will do fine. Then you can simply save the photos directly from your e-mail to the usb-stick, without any extra software.

If they are attachments, you can right click on the attachment and do a "save as" and save it/them somewhere. (where you would be able to find them easy) if they are part of or embedded into the email, you should be still be able to right click on the picture(s) and do "save image as" and again save them somewhere you could find them easily. once you have them in one place, you will then need to get them onto a disc with some type of cd burning software.

let us know when you are that far. do you have cd burning software? there are a bazzillion kinds of cd's available. depends on what you are doing with them. if you aren't trying to use them for music, just data (like pictures in this case) the cheap ones will do. cd-r is a one shot use. cd-rw are rewritable and can be burned over and over again.

i seem to get alot of failed burns when using cheap cd-r's. (which means you throw away the failed ones)

Again, her computer, so I'm not sure if she has cd burning software. Maybe we'll have to forward them to another Scout Leader and do it somewhere else. I'm heading over to her house this morning, so I'll see how far I can get.

i'm guessing she wants to give out pictures of girl scout events to each girl. but i'm just guessing.

And, yes, she wants to make a collage of sorts but someone else took the pictures and sent them to her in an email. She has even less of a clue than I do.

Thank you for your help! I'll let you know how we do :thumbup

Well? What happened? I've been dying to know the outcome? Were you able to save the pictures to anything?

Lol...you're funny, Jen. Nothing has happened yet. She didn't have the software and since we were about to have a 3-hour Scout meeting, we couldn't do much investigating at the time. She most likely will just end up forwarding the email to someone who is more familiar with this whole thing.

Much appreciation to Sir S and the others for their assistance. :thumbup