MMJ will be playing JazzFest this year

I can not recommend Jazz fest more. If you've never been, you need to go. The first weekend lineup is shaping up to be very nice! As funny as this sounds I think it's a nice little description of Jazz fest: Lionel Richie filled in for Fats Domino in 2006 and blue the roof off the place. Hope those who can will make it down, you won't regret it.

Some of my fondest music experiences were there: Ray Charles; Fogerty started playing his CCR stuff there on the main stage for the first time after the law suit was settled...kicked it off with Born on the bayou; tops has to go to the Boss and Seeger sessions band in 2006 (year after Katrina). Not a dry eye in the place when they closed it out with a hymn like When the Saints Go marching in!

Rooms in the major hotels will go fast. Be sure to check out the posters, there almost always pretty special, and pick up a "How ya gonna Clap" Coozie!

NEW ORLEANS JAZZ & HERITAGE FESTIVAL

PRESENTED BY SHELL

APRIL 23 - 25 (1st WEEKEND)

Artist TBA, Lionel Richie, Anita Baker, Allman Brothers Band, My Morning Jacket, Dr. John, Darius Rucker, The Black Crowes, Steel Pulse, Jonny Lang, The Levon Helm Band, Drake, Keely Smith, Baaba Maal, George Clinton and Parliament/Funkadelic, Imagination Movers, Ledisi, King Sunny Ade & His African Beats, Better Than Ezra, Blind Boys of Alabama, Elvin Bishop, funky Meters