Al Kooper Likes Wilco

Al's a legend, not least because of his switch from guitar to Hammond organ during a certain recording session. Also produced Freebird and Sweet Home Alabama and most importantly, wrote a bunch of songs from the Banana Splits TV show.

What he has to say about Wilco the song:

2. “Wilco (The Song”), Wilco. Jeez, I waited for this like I used to wait for Elvis albums in the 50s. I learned more from the Elvis albums, but this is a great listen. They keep getting better, damn it!

http://news.bostonherald.com/entertainment/music/general/view.bg?&articleid=1222624&format=&page=1&listingType=musi#articleFull

Great to know that one of the men responsible for the “mercurial sound” likes Wilco.

Is there any thread on the opinions of other “great names” on Wilco? You know, Dylan, Young, the boss, Costello, Replacements, Petty, Pearl Jam, etc?

For example, if I remember well, I read in Dylan’s Chronicles something on the “American band Wilco”, in the context of Guthrie songs, without any opinion...(but the fact was that Bragg was not even mentioned by Bob, which I thought was denigrating for this man)

They make an appearance a little farther down the list.

26. “Bodhisattva Blues,” 7 Worlds Collide. This is nuts! Neil Finn from Crowded House grabs Jeff Tweedy and other Wilco lads, KT Tunstall and some frothing Finn friends to make an album like they’re a real band. It’s pretty damn good - and this is my favorite track.

I'm going to have to check some of his list out. Never heard of most of the artists on it... and I've got a $100 Amoeba Records gift certificate from Christmas burning a hole in my pocket!! :dancing

26. “Bodhisattva Blues,” 7 Worlds Collide. This is nuts! Neil Finn from Crowded House grabs Jeff Tweedy and other Wilco lads, KT Tunstall and some frothing Finn friends to make an album like they’re a real band. It’s pretty damn good - and this is my favorite track.

I agree with Al Kooper! "Bodhisattva Blues" is a great song, and probably my favorite from 7WC2.