Devendra Banhart - What Will We Be

I just wanted to give a shout out. Especially in today's music world, musicians spend time creating and we run through it like it is breakfast. This record is beautiful to me. I thought Smokey was a rewarding listen, albeit a bloated listen, but this one I think is the top of his game. Just a pretty album with some killer grooves.

I feel like for some hipsters or pitchfork, the better the production, songwriting, career outlook, dating life, etc gets, the less important you become. Who knows, I don't care anymore. If an album strikes me as beautiful I'm over who else thinks so, but I do want to throw some credit around.

I just wanted to give a shout out. Especially in today's music world, musicians spend time creating and we run through it like it is breakfast. This record is beautiful to me. I thought Smokey was a rewarding listen, albeit a bloated listen, but this one I think is the top of his game. Just a pretty album with some killer grooves.

I feel like for some hipsters or pitchfork, the better the production, songwriting, career outlook, dating life, etc gets, the less important you become. Who knows, I don't care anymore. If an album strikes me as beautiful I'm over who else thinks so, but I do want to throw some credit around.

I have been wanting to start listening to Devendra Banhart for a while now, but have been unsure where to start. He played at ATP in December but I missed him due to a scheduling conflict.

How does this album rate with in comparison to the rest of his catalog? Is this a good starter album?

I have been wanting to start listening to Devendra Banhart for a while now, but have been unsure where to start. He played at ATP in December but I missed him due to a scheduling conflict.

How does this album rate with in comparison to the rest of his catalog? Is this a good starter album?

I'd say you want to go with Rejoicing In Hands, Cripple Crow is good as well for a look at the many styles he plays.

It is hard to say, his early stuff (Rejoicing, Oh Me Oh My, etc ) are lo fi and more freak folk. They can be inconsistent but charming if you are in the right mood. Cripple Crow is my least favorite but has some killer songs. Smokey is a chore to sit through but has some amazing moments. He is a grower but he is on his own wave and I use to think it was to gain attention. You know, I'm the freakiest of the freaky. However I know just believe this is the type of music he is into.

I love this latest album. I really quite like his hippy shtick and his whole vibe. I love Vetiver even more but this new DB album is a goody.

Devendra's was my favorite this year with Vetiver's Tight Knit in second. Goin Back on Devendra's reminds me a lot of Vetiver.

But do you love Bill Bailey's Big Bird Watch? :shifty

I do love Bill Bailey but I just cannot get behind watching a reality show with "celebrities". Not for me. QI is more my thing.