These guys are pretty good

sparky, i love Old Crow. see them live if you can! the phrase "barn burner" comes to mind. :dancing

a couple of the guys are touring with Dave Rawlings Machine right now.

see them live if you can! the phrase "barn burner" comes to mind. :dancing

Some of the most fun I have ever had at any concert, ever.

People dancing everywhere and just a damn good time.

Their song Wagon Wheel (which I believe has a connection to Dylan) Am I wrong?, is one of the best songs written in the whole alt country, americana, country whatever in years and years and years. It is instantly classic. Ranks up there with Excuse Me While I Break My Own Heart, New Madrid, Windfall, instantly feels like it has always been. A standard if you will.

Their song Wagon Wheel (which I believe has a connection to Dylan) Am I wrong?,

It has its own wikipedia entry:

"Wagon Wheel" is a song by Bob Dylan and later completed by Old Crow Medicine Show.

"Wagon Wheel" is a song composed of two different parts. The chorus for the song comes from a Bob Dylan outtake from the soundtrack for the film Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid. Although never officially released, the Dylan song was released on a bootleg and is usually named after the chorus and its refrain of "Rock Me Mama." Although Dylan left the song an unfinished sketch, Ketch Secor of Old Crow Medicine Show wrote verses for the song around Dylan's original chorus. Secor's additional lyrics transformed "Rock Me Mama" into "Wagon Wheel." Secor has stated the song is partially autobiographical. The song has become extremely popular since its inclusion on Old Crow Medicine Show's major label debut, O.C.M.S. in 2004, although the song appeared in earlier form on the now out of print "Troubles Up and Down the Road" EP in 2001. The official publishing information is Dylan/Secor.

The band performed the song at the Station Inn in Nashville in 2001, as part of a series of songs commemorating Bob Dylan's 60th birthday.

The song has since been covered by numerous artists, including: Against Me!, Stephen Kellogg and the Sixers, Saving Jane, Little Feat, Chris Pureka, Dylan Ortego, Like Men Who Dreamed, David McMillin, Jeremy McComb, Matt Andersen, Coyote Grace, Secret Country, and the Scottish band Bodega among others.

Jason Webley and Reverend Peyton recorded a version of the song, titled "Rock Me Mama", which sticks more closely to the "Pat Garrett" out-take and is credited to just Bob Dylan.

I saw them a few years back at a festival in Cincinnati. They played right after Rhett Miller and right before Wilco.

I thought they were more of a niche band than anything and they TOTALLY did not fit in with the acts around them. In fact, most of their set sounded like a repeat of the same song. A fair portion of the crowd was really into the show but I chalked it up to southern folks loving them some bluegrass-y sounding stuff more than anything.

I guess I must have missed what the rest of you are hearing in them but I can't shake that experience enough to give them another shot. :ohwell