Wilco -- 3/31/10, Scranton, PA

After a bunch of lousy experiences in a row at Wilco concerts -- crowd-related, not band-related -- last night in Scranton was finally a completely great experience all around. We lucked out, I guess -- we were in front of Pat and everybody in the vicinity was great and into the show. Of course we could hear the constant din of chatter that set Jeff off, and he was well justified in his comments. But it was a great show, probably second only for me to the amazing Schenectady show in that little college chapel back in 2002. The drive back to Ithaca in heavy fog was a drag, but the show was well worth it (and made it home just in time to see Drive-By Truckers tear it up on Jimmy Fallon).

A sweet night in a surprisingly (Scranton- who knew) cool venue. On the Pat side, crowd very attentive and quiet for the most part. The band seemed to be having a fine time, too. About the talkers, so what, not alot can be done about those knuckleheads!!!!

I thought the sound was pretty spot on. The setlist just would not quit. i had a thought midway through the show- Wilco is alot like a jamband, but with a sense of consideration for their audience- no noodling, always with a firm sense of musical direction in place.

Overall a great night, and well worth the 2.5 drive home to York, PA.

Can't wait for philly!

A sweet night in a surprisingly (Scranton- who knew) cool venue. On the Pat side, crowd very attentive and quiet for the most part. The band seemed to be having a fine time, too. About the talkers, so what, not alot can be done about those knuckleheads!!!!

I thought the sound was pretty spot on. The setlist just would not quit. i had a thought midway through the show- Wilco is alot like a jamband, but with a sense of consideration for their audience- no noodling, always with a firm sense of musical direction in place.

Overall a great night, and well worth the 2.5 drive home to York, PA.

Can't wait for philly!

I'm with you! I was also on Pat's side, with about three people in front of me. Good crowd there. This was our first show since Wappingers Falls NY in July, loved the venue and the acoustic interlude. Down with the talkers, that was a shame! Couldn't believe the setlist and how long they played. I can't imagine the energy it takes for them to do that night after night. Looking forward to my 15th show in Philly next week! Scranton was cooler than I expected... people at the show and otherwise were very friendly. Glad we found Bog before the show.

Did anyone record this show?

Complete setlist, as played:

—"The Price Is Right" theme music intro—

Wilco (the song)

IATTBYH

Bull Black Nova

You Are My Face

One Wing

A Shot in the Arm

At Least That's What You Said

Side With The Seeds

Summer Teeth>

Misunderstood

Impossible Germany

California Stars

Poor Places>

----into acoustic set----

Spiders (Kidsmoke)

She's A Jar

You And I

Laminated Cat

Someday Soon

War on War

Forget The Flowers

Passenger Side

----out of acoustic set----

Airline To Heaven

Via Chicago

Jesus, etc. (crowd singalong)

Handshake Drugs

You Never Know

Heavy Metal Drummer

Hate It Here

Walken

I'm The Man Who Loves You

Hummingbird

Thank You Friends [big Star]

In The Street [big Star]

--------------------

The Late Greats

I'm A Wheel

After a bunch of lousy experiences in a row at Wilco concerts -- crowd-related, not band-related -- last night in Scranton was finally a completely great experience all around. We lucked out, I guess -- we were in front of Pat and everybody in the vicinity was great and into the show. Of course we could hear the constant din of chatter that set Jeff off, and he was well justified in his comments. But it was a great show, probably second only for me to the amazing Schenectady show in that little college chapel back in 2002. The drive back to Ithaca in heavy fog was a drag, but the show was well worth it (and made it home just in time to see Drive-By Truckers tear it up on Jimmy Fallon).

I drove back to Ithaca after the show, too. Those patches of fog were a real pain. Thankfully they never lasted more than maybe half a mile, but I opted to go the 17/96 route in the hopes of avoiding the worst of it. By the time I got to Route 96, I felt like I'd been driving for twice as long as I had been. :stunned

Third time I saw Wilco, and although some of you make it sound like it wasn't one of the band's better shows, it was still one of the best I've been to. Passenger Side, California Stars, and A Shot in the Arm are just a few that stick out in my mind. Maybe being there with my family, which I hadn't seen in a couple of months, had something to do with it. But what a night.