Anyone else out there married to a "basement musician"?

A band I hadn't played with since the '90s got together last weekend for a jam. My wife was THRILLED that, FINALLY, I was going to play at someone else's house.

It was probably the best day she's had in months.

I got a room (on the second floor none the less!) full of instruments all of which I can not play well at all! My wife is ok with it...

I got a Yamaha PSR Keyboard, Micro Korg, Clarinet, Accordian, Harmonica, Bass Guitar, Electric Guitar, 2 Acoustics (1 nylon), Castinets !! Anyone want to jam!? :rock

I lucked out.. I'm in a band and my wife is the bass player. :)

Well actually, my band couldn't find a bass player.. So I forced her to learn... lol

I've been trying to get my wife to learn some drum beats.

No luck so far.

My wife is also married to one.

She loves it...I think :ninja

On an unrelated note, this is my first post on these boards...so hi everyone!

Welcome to VC!

Alright, let's talk soundproofing - we have an unfinished basement slightly furnished with various musical instruments, including a second-hand circa 1970's drum kit. We are thinking of starting contruction soon and this issue is first on my list. I know that when we insulate the ceiling downstairs that will prevent some sound from travelling upwards. Just looking for some ideas.

Welcome to VC!

Alright, let's talk soundproofing - we have an unfinished basement slightly furnished with various musical instruments, including a second-hand circa 1970's drum kit. We are thinking of starting contruction soon and this issue is first on my list. I know that when we insulate the ceiling downstairs that will prevent some sound from travelling upwards. Just looking for some ideas.

When I finished my basement we put lots of extra soundproofing around the ducts/vents that tend to channel music around. Seemed to help quite a bit.

We tried to soundproof our rehearsal room/garage the best we could but still got the cops called on us a couple times.. We're just a loud band I guess. Or just have crappy neighbors..

Now we're forced to practice with electronic drums... No fun... :(