golden smog - I like it...a lot

I've been trying to like that song for many years now, and that just seems to be the one I skip every time I play Weird Tales. And "Keys."

Yeah, a lot of Kraig's songs were a "miss" for me, even though I loved what he brought to the band in general. And He's A Dick is a keeper.

when i saw GS at the Metro in 1998, i was hoping for Radio King because back then, Gary and Jeff were my musical heroes. They played it, just the two of them, upfront on the stage, to me, it was magical and still, one of my all-time favorite concert moments.

Saw them in the 90s a couple of times in NYC - Jeff and Gary doing Radio King together was surreal. I remember the band having a great time on stage - lots of joking and banter.

Kraig brought a lot to the band - a heavier side to their sound. Liked his work in The Jayhawks, too, though it was brief.

Smog was always good for an excellent cover or two in the encores. I recall (though it is a bit hazy - it was the 90s) Kraig singing a ripping version of Spooky. Good stuff!

I find myself listening to their first two albums more frequently than the others, I thought the new one was mostly misses and one hit namely their David Bowie cover Starman. Pecan Pie ranks up there with my favorite layed back songs, Radio King is so simple and so beautiful, but for some reason the song that keeps fascinating me of theirs is "White Shell Road", I have no idea whatsoever why I listen to it so much, I guess the intrigue of why I like it so much keeps me listening to it more; trying to figure it out. I guess they don't tour much anymore (or at all) which is a shame b/c the comments here make it seem like they really lift up the songs to the next level live.

Kraig brought a lot to the band - a heavier side to their sound. Liked his work in The Jayhawks, too, though it was brief.

Did you ever check out Iffy? Also a brief venture for Kraig, but the shows were fun.

Have not before, but will now. Thanks for the tip!

:thumbup The album is Biota Bondo. Let me know if you have a hard time finding it.