What % of your listening goes towards Wilco and band member related groups?

I love Wilco and I put it on, but just not a whole lot anymore. Part of it may be that I've listened to Wilco so much that I don't actually need to hear the record anymore (I can just go through it in my head and enjoy it).

Okay, that's just weird, I know every word and note before I hear it coming through the speakers but to have an internal stereo is taking it to a whole new dimension. How did you gain this superpower? Please share your secret :lol

Wilco still has a good stranglehold on 2nd on my last.fm though:

* The Beatles (8,130 plays)

* Wilco (5,791 plays)

* Bob Dylan (2,047 plays)

* Pavement (1,838 plays)

* Uncle Tupelo (1,590 plays)

* The Velvet Underground (1,260 plays)

* The Band (1,129 plays)

* George Harrison (1,075 plays)

Pavement and the VU are this year's new big men on campus.

That top ten artists I've obsessed about in the last two years or so I mentioned earlier...Pavement's one of them. A big one. My favorite track of theirs is the phenomenal and underrated in the mouth of a desert but they have an incredibly consistent catalog , an obscure b-side such as their Echo & The Bunnymen cover can blow you away.

Updated last.fm playing chart (out of 2557)

Wilco 361

Golden Smog 286

Jeff Tweedy 250

Elliott Smith 206

Pearl Jam 104

PJ Harvey 100

The sequence hasn't changed but this just to illustrate how much plays I go through in a couple of days. PJ Harvey has doubled and Elliott Smith has tripled.

Guest Speed Racer

Okay, that's just weird, I know every word and note before I hear it coming through the speakers but to have an internal stereo is taking it to a whole new dimension.

I'm somewhat the same way. I think about listening to Wilco all day, and then by the time I get home I'm much more likely to throw on something else because I've already "heard" it. On the other hand, sometimes the music gets in my head like an itch I need to scratch. I've raced home before to throw on a song I've been dying to hear all day.

Interesting question.

It certainly is cyclical. The last month or so the majority of my listening has been engaged by Dawes, DBT and Wilco.

Dawes is obviously a new entry. Groups will drop into the rotation (Bruce Springsteen, Ryan Adams, Alejandro Escovedo, U2, Radiohead); but I find that Wilco and DBT are obsessions that haven't cooled for the last several years (Wilco hasn't moved from from my consciousness since 1995 and DBT since 2003 or so).