Trying to go one whole month without Facebook

I could go a month w/o it but I'd miss Lexulous. I am able to play this better version of Scrabble with a few friends I used to play marathon tournaments (real-time/life/in person) with years ago. I like the fb. No real beef with it at all.

Guest Ordinary Beehive

One of the top reasons why I don't have facebook. I have no desire to internet-stalk people I don't like just for the sake of reading/hearing about their pathetic lives. That doesn't interest me.

You may have been kidding, but a couple girls I went to college with do this constantly. It's a compulsion from them. They email me constantly with negative updates about people we used to be friends with. It's kinda gross, really.

Guest Speed Racer

One of the top reasons why I don't have facebook. I have no desire to internet-stalk people I don't like just for the sake of reading/hearing about their pathetic lives. That doesn't interest me.

It's not all bad. Someone who used to bully me in high school friended me with a nice note of apology, and once I accepted her friend request it became clear why she was so homophobic in high school. :lol We exchange notes fairly regularly now, and I'm glad I didn't miss out on that.

I won't friend people whom I wouldn't speak to if I saw them again. Of course, the last time I said, "Eh, I won't see him again," I ran into him four days later when I visited DC.

But I do admit, I have a passing interest wondering what happened to:

* girl with the metal plate in her head;

* boy who broke his ankle while streaking (Sports Medicine);

* dyslexic childhood friend who wanted to be a fashion designer;

* kid who was going to play in the MLB at all costs (dropped out of baseball at Arizona his first year to join an improv troupe - much better fit, if you ask me);

All my straight friends from my group in high school are now gay, and all the gay ones from high school are now straight and married.

Facebook is a passive way of finding out about people you probably won't see again, and I honestly think friending is a more honest transaction than bullshitting someone at a reunion. Sure a hell of a lot cheaper, too.

I'd rather join Facebook than go to a reunion. That's for sure.

I agree. Joined Facebook several months ago. Have caught up a bit with folks from high school and college. Twenty-fifth high school reunion coming up, and I have no interest in going. Did get together with a bunch of folks from college at a football game last fall - that was a blast. But the high school reunion, no interest.