MMJ this Friday in Hotlanta

IIRC, there were some VCers that were going to be attending this show. Who's going that is familiar with the Chastain Park Amphitheater? I've never been to that area of Atlanta and I'm looking for a good place to eat/drink.

Very excited about this show. My first MMJ concert. :dancing

I've seen many many concerts in the past few years and all my favorite bands. MMJ puts on the best show every time. Enjoy it and try to get in front of Jim so you can head-bang with him. This is the last show I went to, and it was awesome: http://www.mymorningjacket.com/archive/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=748&Itemid=26

woo hoo, lamrod!

i won't be there, but wish i could be. i've been to chastain once, but didn't eat in the area. so i really have no good intel for you.

i can't wait to see them with Preservation Hall Jazz Band! :dancing

bring rain gear, just in case. we had a soaked wilco show there in 2007.

have a great time! :cheers

Thanks guys. No worries on no intel. With a little searching, I found several great spots around the area.

Our seats are pretty decent, but from what I can tell it's a pretty small place and I'm sure there's not a bad seat in the house.

Can't wait.. Will definitely be doing some head banging with Mr. Yim Yames. :rock

All set for meriwether on 5/1. my first MMJ show as well, and damned excited about it.

lamrod and rareair- please report back!!