How much is too much for Neil Young tickets?

Neil Young Solo Tour

Main Theatre

NEIL YOUNG

SOLO TOUR

Legendary Canadian Singer Songwriter Neil Young will be appearing at the intimate Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium on Friday, July 23rd at 8 pm. The show will be solo with Neil playing acoustic guitar, electric guitar, piano and keyboards. The night will feature some of his classic songs along with a preview of brand new as yet unreleased songs. British folk legend Bert Jansch will open the show.

Friday, July 23, 2010

Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium

Performance begins at 8:00 PM

Tickets: $75, $145, $255 plus applicable service fees

PS. And a decent view!

I think there is some discussion of ticket prices in this recent Neil Young thread.

I figure at the end of the day, you either pay the price and go, or not. What choice is there?

Although, I have noticed some articles up at various places lately that talk about how major artists are having trouble selling tickets, and actually cutting their prices, or offering two for one deals.

Although, I have noticed some articles up at various places lately that talk about how major artists are having trouble selling tickets, and actually cutting their prices, or offering two for one deals.

that doesn't seem to be the case for Neil's tour. the theaters are small enough (~2500 or so ppl) that the demand is there. any people selling tickets outside the venue (which was sold out in advance) got face value to the show i saw.

that doesn't seem to be the case for Neil's tour. the theaters are small enough (~2500 or so ppl) that the demand is there. any people selling tickets outside the venue (which was sold out in advance) got face value to the show i saw.

from what i can gather, some shows are selling out while some are empty. the reasons for high ticket prices are curious...stop scalping etc. my idea these days is to go down to the show and try to by a ticket. the closer to show time, the cheaper they are. it usually works. even at small venues. that being said, neil tix are ridiculously expensive. especially since he's only playing 17 songs, 7 of which are new. now, that being said, i went to this tour and it was utterly satisfying:)

The Dallas show was probably in my Top 3 of all time and I paid $330 for three tickets. Granted, I had never seen him before, but still--if you can afford to catch him on this tour, DO IT.