The Autumn Defense at Lincoln Hall - 06/17/2010

Hey there everybody.

I wanted to submit a link to my review of the recent show at Lincoln Hall by the Autumn Defense. Below the link will be the full setlist from the show.

Thanks for checking it out!

http://rocknrollghost.com/2010/06/18/live-review-the-autumn-defense-lincoln-hall-chicago

01. The Sun In California (John Stirratt)

02. Bluebirds Fall (Pat Sansone)

03. Written In the Snow (JS)

04. Back of My Mind (PS) - New Song

05. Step Easy (JS) - New Song

06. Every Days Is a Brand New Day (PS) (I think I have the wrong title here, actually - my memory's hazy and my notes are unreadable for this one)

07. We Would Never Die (JS)

08. [Totally drew a blank here - Pat sang on this one and said it was from Circles]

09. Spend Your Life (JS)

10. Feel You Now (PS) - special guest Liam Hayes from LH & Plush on guitar

11. Tuesday Morning (PS)

12. The World (Will Soon Turn Our Way) (JS)

13. About To Change (PS)

14. It Will Always Be The Way (JS & PS) - New Song

15. Sentimental Lady (PS) - Cover of Bob Welch

16. You Can't Have me (PS) - Cover of Big Star - Song was dedicated "To our friend, Alex" - Finale - No Encore

01. The Sun In California (John Stirratt)

02. Bluebirds Fall (Pat Sansone)

03. Written In the Snow (JS)

04. Back of My Mind (PS) - New Song

05. Step Easy (JS) - New Song

06. Every Days Is a Brand New Day (PS) (I think I have the wrong title here, actually - my memory's hazy and my notes are unreadable for this one)

07. We Would Never Die (JS)

08. [Totally drew a blank here - Pat sang on this one and said it was from Circles]

09. Spend Your Life (JS)

10. Feel You Now (PS) - special guest Liam Hayes from LH & Plush on guitar

11. Tuesday Morning (PS)

12. The World (Will Soon Turn Our Way) (JS)

13. About To Change (PS)

14. It Will Always Be The Way (JS & PS) - New Song

15. Sentimental Lady (PS) - Cover of Bob Welch

16. You Can't Have me (PS) - Cover of Big Star - Song was dedicated "To our friend, Alex" - Finale - No Encore

On the setlist...

6 was just listed as "Every Day" not sure if that's an abbreviated title and they didn't announce the name of the song before or after the song.

14 was written as "Always Be a Way" and when Pat announced it he said "There Will Always Be a Way".

UPDATE -- John just confirmed the 4 new songs are:

04. Back of My Mind

05. Step Easy

06. Every Day

14. There Will Always Be a Way

How was Kevin Junior??

LouieB

I loved him. I have to admit I didn't know anything about him before, but, after watching the Whiskey Bender doc you helped film on YouTube and listening to some of his stuff with the Chamber Strings, I"m a fan. You probably could have predicted that, though...his style of music is right up my alley. :music

Did anyone else see Glenn there?

:yes

I loved him. I have to admit I didn't know anything about him before, but, after watching the Whiskey Bender doc you helped film on YouTube and listening to some of his stuff with the Chamber Strings, I"m a fan. You probably could have predicted that, though...his style of music is right up my alley. :music

Sadly it appears Kevin's time has past. There may be a used copy of the Chamber Strings second CD at Lauries and they are easy to find online. His new songs are all excellent, but due to the flakey record biz, it had no buyers.

LouieB

Sadly it appears Kevin's time has past. There may be a used copy of the Chamber Strings second CD at Lauries and they are easy to find online. His new songs are all excellent, but due to the flakey record biz, it had no buyers.

LouieB

That's too bad, I love Kevin Junior and the Chamber Strings. The first time I saw Wilco was a pre Thanksgiving show at the Vic, and the Chamber Strings opened. I totally fell in love with their music that night!