Well, seeing has how McChrystal was an Army man, that sure explains why they let him go. Oh! Jeeesus! Petraeus is Army too! Someone better tell Obama. :hmm

You certainly make it look easy.

Thanks for noting the irony. I was afraid it might slip by.

Nice way to ignore my points also.

I find it interesting that Obama turned to General Petraeus to do his voodoo in Afghanistan when a bare three years ago Petrasue was the devil incarnate to the Moveon.org crowd and the Democrats in general. (Remember the surge and the universal indignation, horror and disgust with the proposal and enactment from certain politicos who will not be named here?...Petraeus' idea.)

Apparently it's a lot easier for politicians (and internet posters) to have all the answers when sniping from the outside.

America is not at war. The Marine Corps is at war. America is watching Big Brother.

What about the Army, Navy and Air Force? And I fucking HATE Big Brother.

I take the point above that as more proof that Obama is, foreign policy wise at least, not as left as some would paint him to be.

Guest Speed Racer

Thanks for noting the irony. I was afraid it might slip by.

Nice way to ignore my points also.

Your shtick is getting old; as much as you think people aren't listening, what it probably means is that we heard you the first (five or six) time(s). I get that you think the country is removed from this war, but it's pretty insulting to assume no one cares simply because they didn't happen to enlist, or aren't close to someone who has.

As for Moveon.org, two questions: what's Moveon.org's position on Petraeus today? Has it changed? And, are you actually faulting an organization for having an opinion that evolves over the course of three years? I mean, do YOU think the same things you did three years ago?

America is not at war. The Marine Corps is at war. America is watching Big Brother.

I’ve never watched Big Brother, in fact, I don’t watch “reality” programs, well, that’s not entirely accurate, I do enjoy Deadliest Catch and that show where that guy goes into the wild accompanied only by his camera, not the one hosted by that Grilled Bear dude, the other guy, the one who doesn’t film by day and then spend his nights roughing it at the Motel 6. Truth be told, I don’t watch TV all that often, to unwind, I prefer to read or play video games – which, on account of being the father of a three year old, I don’t get to do all that often – which suits me just fine as I’d rather spend time with her than do just about anything else.

I’m not really all that into war games or military simulations – though I do enjoy a good FPS, they’re usually not the war types, say, Call of Duty or the new one that’s all the rage nowadays. Far Cry 2 on the XBOX 360 is pretty sweet, it’s more of an open ended sandbox type shooter, and not so scripted like the others I mentioned – though Half Life 2 was amazing, despite being heavily linear and scripted. If I were banished to a desert island that just happens to have electricity, and only had space for one game in my pack, I’d probably choose Grand Theft Auto 4, though Red Dead Redemption would be really difficult to pass over – hmmm…come to think of it, I’m not sure which one I’d take along – maybe I’d cheat and take both – or leave out something important like, say, a good bowie knife or a stack of Hustlers - anyways....

Hey, come to think of it, maybe I could pitch my time on the island as a reality show – do you think Americans would watch it, Crow?

So you don't love your country, is what you're saying?

No, and thanks for ignoring my larger point, which is that my interests include video games and hanging out on deserted islands.

Guest Speed Racer

No, and thanks for ignoring my larger point, which is that my interests include video games and hanging out on deserted islands.

:cheekkiss I was teasing. It was thoughtless and cruel for Crow Daddy to ignore so many of our rich, cherished pastimes in his sweeping generalization of the state of our ennui.

:cheekkiss I was teasing. It was thoughtless and cruel for Crow Daddy to ignore so many of our rich, cherished pastimes in his sweeping generalization of the state of our ennui.

Yeah, well quit teasing and get serious, we’re at war over here in case you hadn’t noticed – oh, that’s right, you’re probably haven’t noticed since you’re totally absorbed by The View, and I’m not talking about that hot broad next door – this is fucking reality, man, get with it.

Yeah, well quit teasing and get serious, we’re at war over here in case you hadn’t noticed – oh, that’s right, you’re probably haven’t noticed since you’re totally absorbed by The View, and I’m not talking about that hot broad next door – this is fucking reality, man, get with it.

Jeez man, couldn't you have say spoiler alert before you posted all that. Those of us who get our news from Life Magazine's Year in Review would appreciate it.