Damn - I'll miss his presence (and that awesome ponderous voice of his) on Wait Wait Don't Tell Me.

I may be mistaken, but I think you might be referring to Carl Cassell.

I wish I could find some footage of Schorr reading the enemies list and his reaction when he got to his name.

I may be mistaken, but I think you might be referring to Carl Cassell.

I wish I could find some footage of Schorr reading the enemies list and his reaction when he got to his name.

Actually, you're not mistaken - I'm confused (and an idiot).

Oh, this is really sad news. He was one of the last of the breed. I loved his voice--I mean no disrespect when I say it had a slight Elmer Fudd quality. I always respected what he had to say. He was a feisty, independent thinker to the end.

I can't find any video of him reading the enemies list, but here's an excerpt from a remembrance by Scott Simon:

"For all the history that he reported, Dan Schorr will always be remembered for the moment he stood before live television cameras in 1974 with a breaking bulletin about a list of enemies compiled by the White House.

Schorr began to read the names. One of them was his own. "The note here is, 'A real media enemy,'" he read, before continuing through the list.

"What went through my mind was, 'Don't lose your cool. Be professional,'" he said years later."

Here's a link to the whole Scott Simon remembrance, a good read: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=128605615

Has anyone found the video of him reading Nixon's "Enemies List" on live TV?

I have yet to see it, but it sounds priceless.

Here is Schorr, himself talking about that moment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu5fmobwywE

I enjoyed hearing him and his stories and insight will be missed. I do have to admit though, I always had to work against fantasizing hearing that succulent voice of his drop whatever it was saying and start listing off menu items - preferably comfort foods - like "roasted potatoes, Beef Stroganoff, macaroni and cheese, creamed haddock..."