The first songs that come up when you hit "Random"

4 minutes ago, Kyterkay said:

I discovered them through a community dedicated to finding songs that never have the author mentioned, and can't be recognized by music identifying apps (Shazam, Google Assistant Music Search, etc.) The search started in 2016 when someone uploaded a video on YouTube, if I remember correctly it was called "Help me identify this song." It was audio of Show You My Hand ft. Claire Baldwin but in mono sound. We identified the song somewhere around the start of 2023 I'm pretty sure. I decided to search through his discography and FELL IN LOVE. I even documented a song from John that wasn't on the internet (Does the Wind Blow?)

I have all sorts of stuff that he sent me that he hasn't really "officially" released.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

John is a friend of mine. We went to middle school together. Lost touch, and then I heard his music, fell in love with it, and we got back in touch. Wound up recording my own music with him many

Ah, I understand now. I know this might be a no, but do any CDs of the album exist still? I've been getting into his music recently and I'd love to hear what Everybody Sees You sounds like.

I discovered them through a community dedicated to finding songs that never have the author mentioned, and can't be recognized by music identifying apps (Shazam, Google Assistant Music Search, etc.) T

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, Kyterkay said:

Oh, that's awesome! You should send them here!

This is my own music. I recorded 5 of these songs with John. He sings backing vox on a few and plays a little guitar on one:
https://hoponpop.bandcamp.com/album/one-by-one

Plus another 2 songs on 'Chicken on a Bicycle'

image.png

9 minutes ago, PopTodd said:

This is my own music. I recorded 5 of these songs with John. He sings backing vox on a few and plays a little guitar on one:

image.png

Damn, these are pretty good! Could you send me a link to Everybody Sees You? Or is that just an album cover and tracklist?

5 minutes ago, Kyterkay said:

I just want the audio for it because we're looking for the high quality version of Show You My Hand.

But honestly I'd love to hear the other tracks from it.

Thanks.

And, seriously, drop John a note via Facebook. He would probably be thrilled that he has this cult following trying to track down a song of his. I know I would be, if it were me.

4 minutes ago, PopTodd said:

Thanks.

And, seriously, drop John a note via Facebook. He would probably be thrilled that he has this cult following trying to track down a song of his. I know I would be, if it were me.

Heh, yeah it's pretty cool. They also credited to be part of the Demolition Love compilation!

• 2 months later...
On 10/20/2023 at 1:54 AM, PopTodd said:

image.png

Hey Todd,

Any chance you could be willing to upload a copy of "Show You My Hand" from the 'Everybody Sees You' album?

I've been searching for a HQ copy for a while now and all the versions on YouTube are quite poor.

I've tried contacting John himself about it but no luck so far.

Cheers!

• Like 1